Tesna Holdings Pty Ltd (“Tesna”) announced today a comprehensive frequent flyer program for the new Ansett effective from the completion of the sale agreement with the Ansett Administrators. The program has been named “Ansett Frequent Flyer” .
“Ansett Frequent Flyer” will be Australia`s most generous frequent flyer program during its 12-month introductory period. Important introductory features* include:
- Substantial bonus points available to all members
- Ability for former Ansett Global Rewards members to rapidly amass points, and in many cases exceed, their former points totals within 12 months
- Former Global Rewards Base members who join can purchase and take just one flight at any fare level and earn enough points for a free flight
- 10,000 points on joining, for new members who were not in Global Rewards (for a three month introductory period)
- Worldwide status and privileges for Sapphire, Platinum and Diamond members
Recognition of Global Rewards tier status
- No expiry date on points - provided you earn or redeem points from your account at least once every three years
- Ability to utilise accrued personal program points for family and friends travel
- Significant availability of redemption seats
- Flight redemptions available on Ansett domestic, Star Alliance international and Australian regional airline partners affiliated with Ansett
- Complimentary membership for all former and new Golden Wing Club members
- Complimentary Ansett Frequent Flyer membership for former Sapphire, Platinum and Diamond Global Reward members consistent with Star Alliance standards
The Ansett Frequent Flyer program has been developed following extensive consideration and market research, including focus groups and telephone polling of former Global Rewards members conducted by the independent Newspoll organisation.
Ansett Frequent Flyer is designed to ensure easy redemption of points and a high level of flexibility.
Bonus points can be earned by former Global Rewards members on Ansett flights. Regular frequent flyer points will be earned on all Ansett flights, even when bonus points apply. Regular frequent flyer points will also be earned on affiliated international and regional airline flights. The availability of international redemptions is subject to members taking two purchased return flights with Ansett.
New Ansett Frequent Flyer members, who were not Global Rewards members, will receive 10,000 points for a three month introductory period on joining (for a once-only membership of $75.00 plus GST).
Former Ansett Australia Global Rewards members will be offered substantial bonus points on joining Ansett Frequent Flyer and generous loadings on all flights taken on new Ansett for a 12 months introductory period.
The bonus points will enable former Global Rewards members to rapidly amass, and in many cases substantially exceed, their former points in 12 months by continuing their previous travel pattern on Tesna`s new Ansett.
Consistent with Star Alliance member standards complimentary membership will be available for Sapphire, Platinum and Diamond former Global Rewards members. A once off membership and administration fee of $75.00 plus GST (comparable to competitor programs) will apply to former base Global Rewards members who will receive 10,000 introductory points on joining.
Ansett`s full service, two-class airline will offer its customers premium in-flight service, including quality food in generous portions, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, competitive fares, fully equipped business lounges and excellent on-time performance.
The new Ansett will commence operations between Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth using an all Airbus A320 fleet and will quickly build to a fleet of 30 aircraft during 2002/3.
Further cities will be added to the Ansett network in coming months. Ansett Frequent Flyer will announce additional bonus offers to former Global Rewards members and potential new members on a city and region specific basis as the airline progressively expands its network.
Announcements are anticipated to be made in the near future concerning several major banks and credit or charge card providers linking Ansett Frequent Flyer with their loyalty programs. These arrangements will enable members of various finance sector loyalty programs to convert their rewards into travel on Ansett flights. Further announcements will also be made concerning other program partners.
Tesna also recently confirmed it would restore all former Golden Wing Lounge memberships including one-year, two-year, five-year and life memberships which were valid at 13 September 2001. In recognition that former Golden Wing members had not been able to enjoy full services at the airport lounges since 13 September last year, Tesna will offer an additional complimentary six month membership extension beyond members` current expiry date. Golden Wing members will also be offered complimentary membership of Ansett Frequent Flyer.