American Cruise Lines has revealed it has a special celebration planned for American Eagle’s Maiden Voyage, which departs on April 11th from New Orleans.
American Eagle will carry 150 guests in the most spacious staterooms available on any Mississippi riverboat.
Of the 84 staterooms, 78 feature large private balconies, all of which have sliding glass doors for optimal views and enjoyment.
The new riverboat will offer all the amenities today’s travellers expect, while maintaining the elegance of classic late 1800s riverboats.
American Cruise Lines will operate the new paddlewheeler primarily on the Lower Mississippi River between New Orleans and Memphis.
To celebrate this exciting cruising event, the line has planned a variety of special events for guests, including:
- Welcome performance and greeting by the vocal trio, ‘The Victory Belles’
- Performance by the ‘Tuneful Twosome’, featuring music from the Great American Songbook
- Meet and greet with American Cruise Lines executives
- Onboard photographer to capture guests and the Maiden Voyage festivities
- Private reception at Oak Alley, complete with hors d’oeuvres and signature beverages
- Exclusive pianist concert at the JN Stonehouse in Vidalia
- Special gift: Engraved picture frame with guests’ photo of choice
“We look forward to welcoming guests aboard for American Eagle’s first sailing,” said Timothy Beebe, vice president of American Cruise Lines.
“Their enthusiasm and support has really inspired us to create a great product and we look forward to a successful inaugural season.”
“The highest-quality onboard experience is what our guests can expect aboard American Eagle,” continued Beebe.
“Every day we think of more ways to maximize comfort and address the desires of our guests. This ship will truly raise the bar in US river cruising.”
American Cruise Lines is the largest US river cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships on more than 35 itineraries around the country.