Tunisia News

Air Malta to re-launch flights to Tunis Carthage Airport in June

Air Malta to re-launch flights to Tunis Carthage Airport in June

Air Malta is reconnecting Malta to North Africa following the re-start of scheduled services between the islands and Tunis Carthage Airport as from Monday, June 26th. “We are very excited to announce that we will be returning to North Africa this summer with up to three direct flights a week,” said Paul Sies, Air Malta chief commercial officer.

Tunisia urges British government to relax travel warnings

Tunisia urges British government to relax travel warnings

Officials from Tunisia have urged the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office to relax travel advice warning against all but essential travel to the destination. The move comes following a near total cessation of travel following the deaths of 30 British holidaymakers in the Mediterranean town of Sousse during a terror attack last year. The FCO currently advises against all travel to the Chaambi Mountain National Park area, the Tunisia-Algeria border crossing points at Ghardimaou, Hazoua and Sakiet Sidi Youssef, and the militarized zone south of, but not including, the towns of El Borma and Dhehiba.

Arrests following Tunisia terror attack

Arrests following Tunisia terror attack

2 July 2015 Tourism News

Tunisian security forces have arrested 12 suspects following a terrorist attack in the resort town of Sousse on Friday. Officials said they were still hunting for two people, both of whom are suspected of having trained in Libya with the gunman who killed 38 people.

Terror attack kills dozens is Tunisian resort of Sousse

Terror attack kills dozens is Tunisian resort of Sousse

26 June 2015 Tourism News

A total of 27 people are believed to have been killed in an attack on the Hotel Imperial Marhaba in the Tunisian resort town of Sousse. According to the Tunisian interior ministry, at least one gunman has been shot dead and another is being pursued in an “ongoing” operation.

MSC Cruises pulls out of Tunis following terror attack

MSC Cruises pulls out of Tunis following terror attack

20 March 2015 Cruise News

In the wake of the terror attack at the Bordo National Museum, in Tunis, MSC Cruises has decided to suspend all remaining Tunisian calls in the 2015 summer programme in the interests of guest and crew member safety. Itineraries affected by the change will impact four of MSC Cruises’ ships.

Death toll rises in Tunis terror attack

Death toll rises in Tunis terror attack

19 March 2015 Tourism News

At least 18 tourists are now believed to have been killed following an attack on the Bardo Museum in Tunis, capital of Tunisia. Both gunmen were also killed in the incident, along with three Tunisians, with a policeman among them.