Virgin Trains will offer 2,000 extra seats on Friday 16 April to carry passengers who will be unable to use air services due to the extension of restrictions on UK airspace until 1300.
The extra capacity will be offered through a combination of two extra trains and providing extra seats on eight trains compared to their normal operation. Priority has been given to Anglo - Scottish services.
The extra trains will be:
· 0855 London Euston to Glasgow Central calling Crewe 1035, Preston 1112, Carlisle 1216, arriving Glasgow Central 1327
· 1540 Glasgow Central to London Euston calling Carlisle 1647, Preston 1752, Crewe 1827, arriving London Euston 1958.
The eight trains that will have extra seats compared to their usual operation are:
· 0800 Glasgow Central - Birmingham New Street
· 0852 Edinburgh - Birmingham New Street
· 1043 London Euston - Birmingham New Street
· 1220 Birmingham New Street - Edinburgh
· 1230 Birmingham - London Euston
· 1443 London Euston - Birmingham New Street
· 1630 Birmingham – London Euston
· 1652 Edinburgh - Birmingham New Street.