Leading online travel agent, ebookers.com, remains at the forefront of providing mobile travel tools for consumers with the launch of the new ebookers Travel app for Android. The all-in-one travel app is the first from an online travel agent in Europe to allow customers to book flights, hotels and car hire on one app and on the move. The app is now available on the Google Play Store.
With more than one billion Android-powered devices predicted to sell in 2014, an increase of 23% from 2013*, the newly redesigned and fully native app offers a fast and intuitive experience for the rising number of Android customers. The app allows users who are searching and booking hotels, flights and car hire easy access to reservation details, flight status and exclusive mobile-only deals of up to 65% off hotels.
Following the launch of the ebookers Travel app for iOS in April 2013 – rated No. 1 Travel app in the Apple App Store in 10 markets across Europe, ebookers.com has seen a staggering 200% increase in hotel bookings made from mobile devices since 2012**. The increase in the demand for a quick one-stop shop for customers seeking an easy process for booking travel on-the-go has never been so apparent and ebookers.com is now pleased to provide the best solution for smartphones everywhere.
App Features include:
- Hotels, Flights and Car Hire all in one single app
- All your ebookers itineraries stored in the app – even without a data connection
- One-tap access to flight status details
- Exclusive Last Minute Deals & Everyday Offers; save up to 65% off hotels with mobile only deals
- Low prices on flights and car hire every day
- Book last-minute travel with smart search options
- One-tap access to your recent searches
- Powerful sorting and filtering capabilities
- Fast and secure booking process that pre-fills your info when you sign-in
Rob Define, ebookers Vice President, International Product Strategy & Mobile, comments, “The demand for accessibility and ease to search and book travel is growing exponentially. Travel bookings on mobile devices are over 3 times where they were a year ago and in December we had periods where over 50% of our hotel bookings were made on mobile devices. We know the mobile booking trend will continue and ebookers will be a leading force when developing easy-to-use mobile solutions – we’re confident that our ebookers Travel apps for Android and iOS do just that.”