Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts announced earlier the launch of the first of the two phases of their mobile application for iPhone.
As a natural extension of the brand’s recently revamped website, the new app will not only encompass all the features of the website’s functions, but it will now provide easy access and booking for Shangri-La’s 72 hotels and resorts at one’s fingertips, anywhere in the world.
Developed to maximise the features of the current smartphone technology, the free Shangri-La app that is available for download through the App Store in English or Simplified Chinese, allows guests to search and book real-time reservations at all Shangri-La hotel locations, view all special promotions and receive location-based offers at specific hotels with GPS technology, and manage their Golden Circle loyalty programme membership account efficiently.
The app for iPad, Android and Blackberry devices are currently under development.
Key features of the mobile app will enable users to:
- Explore, book, view and edit room reservations at over 70 Shangri-La, Traders and Kerry hotels and resorts.
- Join Golden Circle quickly with just a few taps.
- Check Golden Circle Award Points balance and manage the membership account.
- Redeem points for complimentary stays plus dining and CHI, The Spa vouchers.
- Get travel tips, read and share travel stories with Golden Circle members.
- Integrate with popular social media platforms.
- Connect to the nearest international toll-free numbers for 24/7 customer support using location-based GPS technology.
- Retrieve offers and stories at Shangri-La hotels with the built-in QR code scanner.
“We realise how valuable it is to build an interactive relationship with our guests and members, and that’s why Shangri-La is offering them additional touch points through this first generation of our new mobile app,” said Wee Kee Ng, director of corporate loyalty and partner marketing of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
“As part of our global mobile strategy which included the successful launch of the group’s new website in May, Shangri-La also offers free Wi-Fi in all areas of every one of the group’s hotels, including the guestrooms, public areas, restaurants, lounges and function areas.
“All these initiatives will empower our guests and members by allowing full engagement with our hotels at their convenience.”