The Hertz Corporation is pleased to celebrate its one year anniversary of providing San Antonio with 24/7 vehicle access with On Demand technology and announces special promotions through the end of April, including 20% off hourly rates at select locations throughout the city and, in honor of Earth Day, 20% off daily rates on green compact vehicles, EV and hybrid cars.
“The City of San Antonio has been an amazing partner over the past year and we’re pleased with the tremendous growth Hertz has experienced,” commented Jordan Reber, Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer, Hertz. “Working together, we’ve been able to expand our footprint and establish new partnerships throughout the city to make Hertz the fast and easiest program available.”
Since launching in 2012, the program has exceeded the expectations for both the City and Hertz. 24/7 vehicle access with Hertz has grown ten-fold, now encompassing more than 40 vehicles including the Nissan LEAF electric vehicle, 21 new parking locations have been added to the program and membership has grown 500%. Hertz provides 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout the city’s downtown area, with no annual fees.
“The Hertz program has quickly become a popular, smart, new form of transportation and provides our city’s residents and visitors another convenient option to get around in San Antonio,” said San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro. “We look forward to seeing this rapidly-expanding system grow even more in the years to come.”
In addition, Hertz is now available at all National Tire & Battery Auto Centers throughout the city with onsite kiosks for instant enrollment and rentals from National Tire’s six stores and Hertz’s neighborhood locations at DeZavala Rd. and San Pedro Ave. South also have 24/7 vehicles available.
San Antonio residents, City employees and tourists can enroll online, reserve cars which can be picked up from one of Hertz’s convenient 24/7 location, and experience the enhanced customer benefits offered by Hertz, including:
* No membership, renewal, or late fees.
* Ability to earn Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™ Points, Hertz’s free membership rewards program that provides a wide range of flexible rewards including Points that never expire, ‘AnyDay’ reward options with no blackouts, easy online redemption, and international point accrual.
* A young fleet with the widest selection of vehicles.
* Simplified reservation process via hertz247.com or a customer’s iPhone.
* Unparalleled Services including industry leading in-car technology, including Hertz’s award-winning NeverLost GPS in most vehicles, a hands-free audio kit that connects to Hertz’s in-house customer service, and EZ Pass transponders in the Northeast.
* 180 miles a day, fuel and insurance included in rates.