Bangkok, 23 March 2000—- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited held its Board of Directors` Meeting, chaired by the airline`s Chairman, Mahidol Chantrangkurn, to discuss the following issues:
1. Appointment of Human Resource Planning Sub-committee:
The Board of Directors approved the appointment of Human Resource Planning Sub-committee to determine guidelines for selection process of future senior management successors and the plans for human resource development.
The committee members are:
1. Mr. Sumet Tantivejkul - Chairman
2. Mr. Sansern Wongcha-um - Director
3. Mr. Wisudhi Srisuphan - Director
4. ACM Terdsak Sajjarak - Director
5. Mr. Wissanu Krea-ngam - Director
6. Mr. Ekamol Kiriwat - Director
7. Mr. Dusit Siriwan - Director
8. (representative from Thai Airways international)
9. (senior executive advisor)
2. THAI`s Long Term Planning Sub-committee:
The Board of Directors approved the appointment of Mr. Sansern Wongcha-um, General Secretary, Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board, as the Chairman of THAI`s Long Term Planning Sub-committee.
3. State Enterprise Plan 2000/01 - 2004/05:
The Management submitted the State Enterprise Plan 2000/01 - 2004/05 to the Board of Directors who suggested that some adjustments were necessary in order to achieve the airline`s operation plans. The Long Term Planning Sub-committee was requested to review the plan and submit to the Board within 30 days.
4. Expansion of International Flight Kitchen Facility:
The Board of Directors approved the expansion of production area at THAI`s Catering Services Department, enabling the department to produce an extra 6,300 meals per day. This will bring the Catering Services Department`s daily production to over 41,000 meals per day.