Luxury specialist Crystal Cruises unveils its 2011 season with returns to Alaska and West Africa, among the 58 cruises visiting 163 ports in 67 countries. From Trabzon, Tallinn and Tauranga to Lome, Loreto and Liverpool, the ultra-luxurious, award-winning Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity will embark on global journeys throughout the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Baltic, Alaska, New England/Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Hawaii, Australia/New Zealand, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, India, South America and Africa. Crystal Serenity’s 15th annual epic World Cruise spans 110 days on a new route around east and west Africa, while new northern hemisphere adventures offer guests Alaska cruises roundtrip from San Francisco and expanded opportunities to visit the North Cape and Mexican Riviera.
“Given the great number of Crystal Society members from all over the world, we’re mixing it up more than ever in 2011,” says Gregg Michel, president of Crystal Cruises. “In addition to our very exotic voyages in destinations like Africa, India and the Middle East, we’re also greatly increasing our presence in North America with a greater selection of domestic cruises. While destination and reputation are the leading vacation drivers, we also know that many of our guests relish the Crystal resort experience combined with the convenience of closer-to-home itineraries.”
Whether celebrating a reunion or a romantic getaway, Crystal’s 2011 cruise repertoire highlights the best of each destination on a variety of seven- to 21-day itineraries, in addition to the full World Cruise. Most itineraries boast overnight night stays and late night port calls.
New in 2011:
* 110-day World Cruise from Los Angeles to London, via the South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, India, Dubai, and Africa.
* Maiden calls in Argostoli, Kefalonia; Fethiye, Turkey; Komodo Island, Indonesia; Koper, Slovenia; and Marigot Bay, St. Martin.
* Return to West Africa for the first time since 2001.
* Return to Alaska with 12-day voyages round-trip from San Francisco, for the first time since 2005.
* Additional North Cape opportunities to the Polar Ice Cap, two cruises in 2011.
* Every fall New England/Canada cruise includes a shipboard overnight in New York, as well as Montreal.
* Eight Mexican Riviera choices round-trip from Los Angeles, including several seven-day and a holiday cruise.
* All but one Crystal Symphony voyage embarking and/or debarking from a U.S. port.
* Overnight calls in Ashdod and Melbourne, as well as Barcelona, Cannes, Istanbul, New York and other worldwide cities.
* Double overnight calls in Dubai, as well Cape Town and St. Petersburg.
* More than 80 possible combo cruises throughout Europe without repeating ports.
* Thanksgiving cruise roundtrip from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera.
* Christmas/New Year holiday options round-trip from Los Angeles or from Miami.
* Dozens of career-friendly itineraries embarking and/or debarking on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Effective immediately, Crystal Cruises is accepting reservations. Comprehensive, day-by-day itineraries will be posted on Crystal’s website in early September.