Renowned for its portfolio of award-winning boutique hotels, eco-lodges, game reserves and boutique cruises, Mantis is launching a new enterprise named Mantis eXtreme, which offers an online collection of once-in-a-lifetime encounters and experiences worldwide.
With its client base of seasoned travellers that frequently call on Mantis for new and inspiring experiences, the business saw an opportunity to respond to consumer demand and bring together a collection of authentic, must-do experiences, often paired with product from their field of expertise - five star, handpicked properties that represent the finest examples of their kind.
As well as the online site acting as a hub of ideas for consumers with a love for adventures and experiences, Mantis eXtreme will also be working with the trade so that experiences are available for travel agents to sell.
One such example from the new collection is the sensational walking safaris, fly-camping and canoeing of the wild Lugenda River at Lugenda Wilderness Camp, where guests can experience raw Africa at its wildest.
The camp of just eight luxury tents is set in Niassa Reserve, the largest conservation area in Mozambique, which is twice the size of world-famous Kruger National Park, covering 42 000 square kilometres and is home to the largest concentration of Mozambique’s wildlife including the largest population of wild dog.
Here guests have the chance to really escape the stresses and strains of the modern world, getting remarkably close to nature, as well as meeting the local communities for a truly memorable, enriching experience. There are also plans to open a Bear Grylls Survival Academy on this reserve in 2014.
The Mantis eXtreme portfolio, includes:
- Snow Leopard Encounters, Nepal
- Bear Grylls Survival Academy, U.K., USA, Africa
- Parabolic flights with Space Affairs, Europe
- Storm Chasing with Silver Lining Tours, USA
- Galapagos diving, Pacific Ocean
- Arctic Kingdom safari-style arctic and Polar Bear expeditions, High Arctic
- explora Travesias, Chile and Argentina
- White Desert, Antarctica
- Northern Lights in Swedish Lapland, Sweden
- Shark cage diving, South Africa
- Snow dogs (Bjorkliden), Sweden
- Wilderness camps in the great Niassa, Mozambique
- Bloon near space flights, Spain
- Great Bear Tours, Canada
- Sardine run, South Africa
- White Water Rafting Zambezi River, Zimbabwe
- Midnight Golf, Bjorkliden, Sweden
- Whale Sharks in Ningaloo Reef, Australia
- Boat-based whale watching, South Africa
- Hanse Explorer adventure expedition ice breaker yacht, Worldwide
- Bella Coola Heli Sports, Canada
- Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort, Canada
- Rhino Encounters with Dr. Will Fowlds, South Africa
Paul Gardiner, global marketing director, Mantis, said: “As a business we endeavour to listen to our clients, who have travelled the world for both business and pleasure and increasingly are looking for new experiences, hence leading us to establish Mantis eXtreme.
“From diving the deadly sardine bait ball off the coast of Southern Africa; to midnight golf under the Northern Lights and fly-camping in the wilderness at Lugenda Wilderness Camp, these adventures have no boundaries.”
For more information about Mantis eXtreme, please visit the official website.