Budget Rent-a-Car, one of the top three global car and van rental companies, has redesigned its website as a result of direct feedback from its customers.
Following extensive usability research and comments received via Budget’s online customer satisfaction survey – an e-mail questionnaire sent to each customer post-rental, the Budget website www.budget.co.uk has been revamped to ensure the utmost in clarity, convenience and choice for consumers.
The updated website platform offers three simple booking stages with new developments including:
* Increased car choice: Simplified car selection, showing all models available to further speed the booking process. One view of all available cars removes the hassle of repeat quotes on multiple vehicles.
* Improved vehicle information: browse photographs and detailed features of each vehicle, which aids customers in choosing a car suited to their individual needs
* Detailed location information: view branch address and opening hours at stage one of the booking process
* Easy quote amendments: amend any element of the rental choice at any stage of the booking process, without having to return to the beginning
* Clear costs: see a detailed breakdown of the rental quote and inclusions, giving full visibility of available savings through prepaying and information on optional extras
* Rental summary: view summary section at each stage of the booking process where users can check they are happy with their rental choice before proceeding further with the reservation
In addition to these changes, customers can also benefit from early booking discounts of up to 20% when reserving a car and pre-paying online six weeks in advance of travel.
Stuart Liddle, Head of Budget UK said: “The website redesign is a perfect example of how we aim to provide the utmost in simplicity for our customers. The developments have come to existence following direct feedback from our customers, which assures us that these changes are going to be a welcome addition to our website.
“We wanted the booking process to be as quick and easy as possible, offering help and advice at every possible opportunity. We feel this new platform offers just that, with the clear format and structure enabling customers to book their perfect vehicle in just three easy steps.”