Visitors to the United Kingdom can now choose from an additional 10 Marriott-branded hotels. With these 10 conversions of former Swallow Hotels, Marriott`s lodging portfolio in the U.K. totals 47 properties offering 7,408 rooms and spanning three brands Ð Marriott Hotels, Resorts & Suites; Renaissance Hotels, Resorts & Suites and Courtyard by Marriott Hotels.
The hotel conversions are a result of the acquisition of Swallow Hotels by Marriott International`s U.K. franchise partner, the Whitbread Hotel Company, earlier this year.
An additional 16 Swallow Hotels are scheduled for conversion by the end of 2001.
The most recent conversions include:
* 231-room London West Hampstead
* 150-room The Huntingdon Marriott
* 146-room The Liverpool Marriott, City Centre
* 242-room Bristol Marriott Royal
* 120-room Northampton Marriott
* 98-room Birmingham Marriott
* 142-room Bexleyheath Marriott
* 94-room Marriott Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club
* 178-room Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
* 82-room Inverness Marriott
The hotels offer guests luxury accommodations with on-site restaurants, health clubs, swimming pools and business facilities. Many of the hotels have banquet facilities for large and small gatherings. The on-site amenities vary by hotel.
The recently converted hotels, along with over 1,800 Marriott-affiliated hotels worldwide, participate in Marriott Rewards, the guest reward program that allows members to earn their choice of points or airline miles for pounds spent during each stay.