Ten airlines across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and the United States have finalised new multi-year full content agreements with global travel technology provider Worldspan, L.P.The agreements substantially increase the scope of worldwide airline content available through the Worldspan global distribution system (GDS).
Travel retailers and online travel buyers worldwide that rely on Worldspan for travel planning, booking and transaction processing services have real-time access to the airlines’ schedules, availability and fares, including Web fares, for immediate electronic bookings and ticketing.
The airlines include:
* Air Moldova, the national airline of Moldova in the Ukraine
* Aegean Airlines, the leading Greek carrier
* AeroSvit Airlines, one of the Ukraine’s leading passenger carriers
* Air Burkina, the national airline of Burkina Faso in Western Africa
* Arkia Israeli Airlines, the second largest airline in Israel
* Aurigny, the low-fare airline based in the British Channel Islands
* dba (formerly Deutsche BA), a low-cost carrier based in Munich, Germany
* Eos Airlines, the transatlantic business airline based in New York
* Transaero Airlines, one of Russia’s leading passenger airlines
* VLM, a European business airline based at London City Airport
“These airlines are vital suppliers to travelers globally who arrange travel through Worldspan’s travel agency, e-commerce and corporate customers,” said Kevin Ficco, vice president - Airline Distribution and Business Development for Worldspan. “Worldspan is committed to providing our subscribers with comprehensive, robust content from airlines in every region of the world, and we will continue to be a trusted partner in serving the global airline community with the proven, cost-efficient solutions they need to compete and grow.”
Worldspan’s global fares and pricing system contains more than 200 million airfares from hundreds of airlines worldwide. Global points of sale for participating airlines through the Worldspan GDS include travel agencies in 60 countries as well as 65 online travel retailers, including the majority of the world’s largest travel Web sites. Corporations worldwide also access global airline schedules, availability, fares and ticketing capabilities through Worldspan Trip Manager(R) XE, a leading Web-based travel management solution that lets business travelers book complete trips online.
Worldspan has also been nominated this year for a
World Travel Award as World’s Leading CRS/GDS System.