Embraer has signed a purchase agreement with Flexjet, a global leader in private jet travel. The deal comprises a fleet of Embraer business jets, which includes the recently certified Praetor jets and the Phenom 300.
Since receiving approval for the partnership from Embraer shareholders in February this year, the companies have undertaken diligent planning for the creation of a joint venture made up of the commercial aircraft and services operations of Embraer.
Following a tour through China, Japan and Asia Pacific, Embraer’s latest plane, the E195-E2, will make its Russian debut at the upcoming Moscow air show, MAKS-2019.
Embraer has announced a US$30 million investment in the expansion of its Eugênio de Melo unit. The facility is based in São José dos Campos, São Paulo, Brazil.
KLM Cityhopper has revealed plans to purchase up to 35 E195-E2 jets from Embraer. The deal is composed of 15 firm orders and purchase rights for a further 20 aircraft of the same model.
Embraer has announced the nomination of Francisco Gomes Neto, currently the president of Marcopolo, for the roles of president and chief executive of the company.
Embraer has signed a firm order for ten E195-E2 jets with Air Peace, Nigeria’s largest airline. The order was announced during Embraer’s Africa Airline Business Seminar in Mauritius.
The introduction of the E175 is part of Mauritania’s fleet modernisation, replacing old aircraft and complementing their modern narrow-body aircraft.
According to General Aviation Manufacturers Association reports, the Phenom 300 is the only business jet model to reach this milestone in the last ten years.
Embraer has revealed chief executive Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva will step down on April 22nd, following the end of his current two year elected term.
Boeing will hold an 80 per cent ownership stake in the new company, and Embraer will hold the remaining 20 per cent. The transaction values 100 per cent of Embraer’s commercial aircraft operations at $5.26 billion, and contemplates a value of $4.2 billion for Boeing’s 80 per cent ownership stake in the joint venture.
Embraer delivered a total of 181 jets in 2018, of which 90 were commercial aircraft and 91 were executive jets (64 light and 27 large).