NYC & Company announces ways to save this winter in New York
NYC & Company, New York City’s marketing, tourism and partnership organisation, has announced ways to save on dining, entertainment and accommodation in New York this winter.
The dates for NYC Winter Restaurant Week have been confirmed for January 24th – February 6th 2011, with hundreds of restaurants offering prix-fixe menus during that time. Menu prices have stayed the same since 2006 at US$24.07 for lunch and US$35 for dinner (excluding drinks, taxes and gratuities). Set menus are offered between Monday and Friday - Saturdays are excluded and Sundays are optional for participating restaurants. NYC Restaurant Week Winter 2011 is produced by NYC & Company and supported by founding sponsor American Express and participating sponsor Travelocity.
“We are gearing up with the dining industry for another great season of NYC Restaurant Week,” said NYC & Company CEO George Fertitta. “Winter 2011 promises an impressive lineup of participating eateries—well over 200 reasons to partake in New York City’s leading culinary celebration.”
NYC Restaurant Week began in 1992 as a one-time dining program featuring 95 restaurants. Since then, the City’s largest gastronomic event has grown to include more than 275 restaurants as well as exclusive dining benefits, sweepstakes, consumer events and products. The city now hosts two annual Restaurant Weeks, with the second taking place in the summer.
A list of participating restaurants will be released on www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek in late December and tables can be booked one month in advance.
This winter also sees the first ever Broadway Week takes place in New York City. Broadway Week runs concurrently with Restaurant Week but continues even longer, from January 24th – February 10th. Theatregoers will be able to purchase two-for-one tickets to more than 40 of Broadway’s hottest shows when tickets go on sale on January 3rd 2011.
Finally, NYC & Company has launched its Get More NYC campaign for winter offering extra value deals and up to 25% off hotels in New York between January 2nd and February 28th 2011. Almost 100 hotels are offering winter deals for travellers in 2011 including iconic properties and top name brands in Manhattan and New York’s other four boroughs. These are just some examples of the offers available:
· Save 25% on the best available rate when staying three or more nights at Trump International Hotel & Tower or Soho House New York
· Enjoy a W Play Experience at any of the four NYC W Hotels, including two cocktails, complimentary parking and accommodation in a Wonderful room
· Stay two nights and get the third night free at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
· Receive a $50 gift card for The Apple Store when staying across the street at the The Sherry-Netherland
· Receive a 30 Rock Winter Package including two tickets for ice skating, two tickets for the NBC Studio Tour and two tickets to FDNY Fire Zone, all at the Rockefeller Centre, with stays at the Affinia Manhattan
· Enjoy a Family Fun Package including a one-hour Wii session, unlimited use of the penthouse pool and a one-hour spa treatment when staying for a minimum of two nights in a Junior Suite at Le Parker Meridien New York
· Receive a $50 Bloomingdale’s gift card, 15% Bloomingdale’s savings certificate and a complimentary signature gift from Bloomingdale’s with the Shop Til you Drop Package at the Waldorf=Astoria & Towers
Full details of these and other hotel offers can be found at www.nycgo.com/getmorenyc. Offers can be booked now for travel in early 2011.
Restaurants and shows participating in Winter Restaurant Week and Broadway Week will be announced in December at www.nycgo.com. Twitter users can also follow NYC & Company at @nycgo for updates or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nycgo.