Green Travel grows to Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Costa Rica
For example, Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort and Spa in Cancun's Riviera Maya was awarded the prestigious GOLD "TRAVELIFE AWARD" for environmental commitment. Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort and Spa's environmental efforts include:
- 96 ecological rooms that reduce CO2 emission by 75%
- Solar water heating
- Ultra-efficient air conditioning systems with low electrical consumption
- Furniture made from certified wood
- Guided Eco Tour exploring the Mayan jungle including 16 natural cenotes, indigenous animals and exotic plants.
- Recycling and separating the trash
- Use of biodegradable bottles throughout the resort
- Wildlife conservation
- Using recycled paper for all printed material
In all, Apple Vacations is recognizing 27 Go Green hotels, and brands include Apple Vacations customer favorites like Secrets Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Iberostar Resorts and Hyatt Resorts of Hawaii.
Traveling green is easy and affordable with Apple Vacations. Seven all-inclusive nights in May and June at Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort and Spa start from an incredible $740 per person, including roundtrip, nonstop air from Dallas, hotel transfers and all meals and drinks. (+$270 from Baltimore, +$530 from Los Angeles, other gateways also available.)
*Prices per person based on double occupancy including round-trip charter airfare from Baltimore, Dallas, and Los Angeles via Air Tran, Sun Country, and Frontier Airlines or other US certified air carriers, round-trip airport/hotel transfers, hotel taxes and baggage handling, fuel surcharges, all pre-collected U.S. and foreign taxes and fees including September 11th Security Fee. Restrictions/blackout dates may apply.