American Cruise Lines has announced it will install additional amenities aboard Queen of the Mississippi, the brand new 150-passenger authentic paddlewheeler currently under construction and nearing completion in Salisbury.
In an effort to maximize the view for guests, even more staterooms and suites will have sliding glass doors to access the private balconies on both the third and fourth decks.
Already the largest staterooms in the industry, the floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors will add an extra element of spaciousness, while also allowing for entirely private and unobstructed viewing of the Mississippi River.
Up to 85 per cent of Queen of the Mississippi’s staterooms feature private balconies, and 71 per cent have sliding glass doors to those balconies.
The brand new Queen of the Mississippi will also have the latest in onboard communication technology, featuring telephones in every stateroom.
This allows passengers to conveniently call for room service, while also allowing them to communicate with fellow passengers in the comfort and privacy of their own staterooms.
Complimentary amenities and features of Mississippi River itineraries and aboard Queen of the Mississippi include:
- Fully-functioning authentic paddlewheel that can be viewed from the Paddlewheel Lounge.
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to private balconies.
- Room Service.
- Wi-Fi in all staterooms.
- Satellite TV and DVD player in all staterooms.
- Gourmet coffee brewers in all staterooms.
- High Tea served in the afternoon.
- Top Deck Café – Hot and cold beverages, snacks, pastries available throughout the day.
- Nightly turndown service. In addition, Queen of the Mississippi is a low density ship boasting the highest square-foot-per-passenger ratio in the industry. Single travellers will also be happy to know that there are numerous single staterooms aboard, all of which are highly spacious, more so than even most standard staterooms on all other Mississippi riverboats, and also feature private balconies with sliding glass doors. “The highest-quality onboard experience is what our guests can expect aboard Queen of the Mississippi,” said Timothy Beebe, vice president of American Cruise Lines. “Every day we think of more ways to maximize comfort and address the desires of our guests. “This ship will truly raise the bar in river cruising.”