TravelSort, the free travel concierge service that helps savvy travelers travel well for less, today announced that it has formally launched its service in over 100 travel destinations, from perennial favorites such as Paris to hidden gems such as Molokai, Hawaii. TravelSort combines high-touch, personalized travel recommendations with access to like-minded travelers, destination experts, and exclusive hotel
deals of up to 90% off in popular destinations such as New York and San Francisco. With TravelSort, members are able to create their own travel profile, connect with travelers who have similar interests, get a guaranteed personalized answer to their travel questions from destination experts, share insider travel tips, and save up to 90% off top-rated hotels.
“TravelSort was born out of many years of personal frustration stemming from planning leisure and business travel,” said Hilary Stockton, CEO and Founder of TravelSort. “As a frequent international business traveler, I loved having the chance to squeeze in leisure travel, but hated the long, inefficient planning cycle that was usually required to set it up. I´d find myself spending countless hours sifting through the continuous glut of misinformation and irrelevant or bogus online travel content. In 2010, I finally decided to create an entirely new and more personalized approach to travel planning, and founded a team to build the TravelSort service.”
After a successful beta launch in October 2010, TravelSort currently has over 2,000 members in over 200 cities and 30 countries across the globe.
The web site´s growing member base represents an incredibly diverse range of travel tastes, destinations and styles-whether it´s trekking Cotopaxi Volcano in Ecuador, sampling foodie delights in Tel Aviv, or exploring New York or San Francisco with kids in tow. With its personal travel style profile, online community and hotel deals, TravelSort´s unique personalized approach helps travelers fine-tune their options from one mile away or 10,000 miles away.
Why Choose TravelSort
For many travelers, using the Internet to plan leisure travel is both tedious and time-consuming-there´s a plethora of information and advice available, but much of it is poor quality, unreliable, or irrelevant to the traveler´s specific interests. Paying a travel expert is costly, but free information is often too anonymous to trust, and it can take countless hours to sift through online content.
TravelSort breaks through the noise to offer personalized travel recommendations, deals, and access to a vibrant community of like-minded travelers. Unlike other online travel services, TravelSort´s personalized approach allows members to receive specific travel recommendations and advice. Specifically, TravelSort offers.
- Up-to-date travel recommendations: Once a member completes a profile, TravelSort provides a member with continuously updated recommended travel guides and TravelSort members.
- Traveler compatibility: TravelSort helps each member receive relevant travel advice by assessing how similar other TravelSort members are, so they know whom to seek advice from.
- Exclusive hotel deals: TravelSort provides select deals at top 4-5 star hotels, based on exclusive reverse auctions and flash sales that are available only to members. TravelSort´s reverse auctions provide the best deal anywhere for the featured hotels, with average discounts of 80-90% off.
- Destination Q&A: TravelSort members can easily see other members who live in, or loved the destination, and pose questions to them via private messaging. Members also have the option of posting their question on a destination´s Q&A page to get a guaranteed, personalized answer from a TravelSort destination expert.
- Curated travel guides: These guides, available only on TravelSort, are written with a specific interest in mind, such as adventure travel, foodie travel, family travel, romantic travel, budget travel or business travel. Popular topics have included how to select the best travel credit card, tips for fine dining with toddlers, and incredibly delicious, can´t-miss restaurants in Paris.
What members are saying about TravelSort:
“Kudos! Great customer service and our stay was exceptional.”—Brett, Glen Burnie, MD, favorite destinations are Santorini and Paris and wants to visit Machu Picchu and Auckland
“[TravelSort] is easy to navigate and made me want to travel and see a lot of places I never really thought of before!”—-Dana, Dallas TX, favorite destination is North Las Vegas and wants to visit Sydney and Paris