Chief executives of some of the world’s foremost airlines, hotel, travel and casino companies will visit the Reuters bureau in New York from February 22-24 to discuss the outlook for the sector in a series of exclusives interviews. The stories and videos from the closed on-the-record sessions at the Reuters Travel and Leisure Summit will be posted online at http://www.reuters.com/summit/TravelandLeisure10.
Travel and leisure companies are hoping for better times after the recession hurt revenues and profits. Airlines have recently been buoyed by expectations of recovery amid signs that lucrative business travelers are starting to come back. Hotel companies are still grappling with weak room rates, particularly in North America, while casino companies are looking to Asia for growth as U.S. destinations such as Las Vegas suffer.
CEOs and other top names will discuss these and other topics in a series of closed on-the-record interviews in New York at the Reuters Travel and Leisure Summit, which will generate exclusive stories and investable insights, as well as online videos and blog postings. These can be seen at: http://www.reuters.com/summit/TravelandLeisure10
Guests speaking at the Reuters Travel and Leisure Summit will include:
* Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi;
* Priceline CEO Jeffrey Boyd;
* Harrah’s Entertainment CEO Gary Loveman;
* Starwood Hotels & Resorts CFO Vasant Prabhu;
* United Airlines CFO Kathryn Mikells;
* Wyndham Worldwide CEO Stephen Holmes;
* US Airways CFO Derek Kerr;
* Carlson Hotels CEO Hubert Joly;
* Orbitz CEO Barney Harford;
* Marriott International CFO Carl Berquist;
* Marriott International COO and President Arne Sorenson;
* Las Vegas Sands COO and President Michael Leven;
* Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) President Captain John Prater;
* InterContinental Hotels President of IHG Americas Jim Abrahamson;
* AMR Corp CFO Tom Horton; and
* Southwest Airlines CFO Laura Wright.
Reuters Summits bring together top executives from key industries in exclusive sessions with Reuters News global teams of specialist journalists. During the course of Reuters Summits, exclusive news stories and video interviews are posted on Reuters.com, providing valuable insight into specific companies, business sectors, and economies.