Just a mere 90-minute flight away is an untamed landscape of dramatic vistas: Europe’s mightiest mountains, sparkling blue lakes, gorgeous green valleys alive with the sound of cowbells, picture postcard villages, hearty cuisine and air so fresh it nourishes the soul. It is the great outdoors of Switzerland, one of leading tour operator Kuoni’s prized destinations.
Switzerland is where Kuoni’s roots lie over 100 years ago, so it goes without saying that it remains one of Kuoni’s most prized destinations. For summer 2013, the varied faces of this beautiful green country are condensed into Kuoni’s latest brochure, valid April – October 2013.
The brochure brings together old favourites and best sellers as well as new properties, tailor-made itineraries and multi-centre holidays. Thus British holiday-makers will find their favourite resort, Wengen, together with the most popular excursion, to Jungfraujoch – snow-capped even in summer, alongside remote Graubünden – that includes the pretty town of Klosters - Italian-infused Ticino and picturesque Lake Geneva. The brochure is sprinkled with new places to stay and features impressive mountainscapes ideal for hiking, rock climbing, horse riding and mountain biking.
“Switzerland is all about the outdoors,” says Emma Richings, Swiss Market Manager. “It offers stunning scenery for walkers and hikers as well as an efficient and reliable rail system to get around on.”
The highlights of the brochure include:
* Two new resorts featured, exclusive to Kuoni UK. These include lakeside Ascona in the Ticino region, with mild climate and stunning vistas over Maggiatal and the Brissago Islands; and the pretty, car-free village of Appenzell in the northeast, known for its rural customs and cultural events
* New hotels, including the three-star Astoria Arosa Graubunden with great alpine views, the Hotel Adler in Appenzell offering arguably the best fondue; Hotel Arancio in Ascona on beautiful Lake Maggiore, the four-star Hotel Savoy in the middle of Berne, the family-run, four-star Romantik Hotel Santis in Appenzell and the stunning five-star retreat that is Hotel Giardino in Ascona
* New inspirational multi-centre itineraries to make the most of the country’s many highlights. There are two, three, four and five-centre holidays incorporating scenic rail, the shortest being the seven-day, three-star tour of Wengen and Zermatt, and the longest being the 16-day, four-star tour of Appenzell, Lucerne, St Moritz, Zermatt & Interlaken
* Authentic experiences for perfect travel moments. Visit the top of Europe, the Jungfraujoch, by cogwheel railway; take the Chocolate Train to the Nestle chocolate factory; take a lake steamer from Lucerne for the start of the journey to Mount Pilatus; or ascend The Matterhorn in Europe’s highest cable car at 3,883 metres above sea level
* Exclusive to Kuoni UK are the Berghof Amaranth in Wilderswil, Blumlisalp in Kandersteg, Boutique Hotel Beau-Site Fitness & Spa and the charming Bristol in Adelboden, Seehotel Waldstatterhof in Brunnen and Grand Hotel Zermatterhof in Valais.