The Ascott serviced residence global fund, recently launched with the Qatar Investment Authority, has acquired two prime properties in Paris and Tokyo for US$104 million. The fund will invest another US$33 million to convert the office building in Paris into a luxury serviced residence and embark on asset enhancement to reposition the serviced residence in Tokyo, bringing the total investment to US$137 million.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, today announces the signing of Hotel Indigo® Bath, United Kingdom. The hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with St James’ Hotels Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Somerston Group, a longstanding IHG partner.
InterContinental Hotels Group has announced the signing of two further hotels for Manchester, continuing the growth of its UK estate. The Crowne Plaza Manchester – Oxford Road and Staybridge Suites Manchester – Oxford Road properties are being built as part of The University of Manchester‘s £1 billion campus development.
Meliá Hotels International has announced the addition of a new five star hotel in Barcelona to be operated under ME, the company’s most innovative brand. ME by Meliá has already established award-winning hotels in London and Madrid, and continues to grow in cosmopolitan capitals around the world that are immersed in fashion, finance, arts and design, and culture.
Hilton Worldwide has reached an agreement with modular building provider CIMC to develop the first hotel at Bristol Airport under its economy Hampton by Hilton brand. Financed and owned by CIMC, the hotel will be managed by Hilton Worldwide, drawing on its extensive experience of operating airport hotels at many of the world’s top transport hubs.
The Ascott has secured a contract to manage its first serviced residence in Turkey, Somerset Maslak Istanbul. Ascott’s entry into Turkey will expand the footprint of the world’s largest international serviced residence owner-operator to 90 cities across 25 countries. Slated to open in 2016, the 159-unit Somerset Maslak Istanbul has a prime location in one of Istanbul’s main business and leisure districts.
Hilton Worldwide has reached an agreement with Nightel Ltd. to bring its mid-market Hampton by Hilton brand to Humberside Airport in the UK
Following its successful European debut with Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza earlier this year, Hard Rock International has announced plans for the beachfront Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, set to open in mid-2016. The upcoming property is Hard Rock’s second project in collaboration with leading operators, Palladium Hotel Group, who recently opened the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the brand’s first European hotel.
Rotana has announced the launch of Tri G - its latest project in the fast-growing Turkish market - located in the province of Günesli. Tri G project has been launched in partnership with Mar Yapi, one of the rising stars of Turkey’s vibrant real estate sector. Mar Yapi will own a 60 per cent stake in the new project while the remaining 40 per cent will be owned by Rotana and partners.
InterContinental Hotels Group has revealed plans for its seventh multiple development agreement in Germany with existing owner partner Sierra Hotel Management. The first property already signed under the agreement is Holiday Inn Express Karlsruhe – City Park, due to open in mid-2016. Holiday Inn Express Karlsruhe – City Park marks the first hotel out of a total of five hotels in the agreement.
InterContinental Hotels Group has announced the signing of Holiday Inn Kayseri, Düvenönü. Operating under a franchise agreement with Ali Sert Otel, the new build Turkish hotel is due to open in early 2016.
European market leader, Aparthotels Adagio, has announced the development of two new aparthotel properties in London, marking the arrival of Aparthotels Adagio in the British capital. Both developments are in partnership with Union Hanover and EquityBridge Asset Management.