Celebrity Cruises has announced that the fifth ship in its Solstice class will be called Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Reflection.
“Selecting the name of the fifth ship in the class led us to reflect on the significant impact the Solstice Class has had on the cruise industry,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President and CEO Dan Hanrahan. “Our Solstice Class ships offer the finest in premium cruising, with service provided by the best men and women in the hospitality business, as evidenced by the tremendous response from our guests, travel partners and the press, and a continuously expanding series of prestigious awards. There is no question that Celebrity Reflection will deliver an equally outstanding holiday experience for our guests.”
Celebrity Reflection will enter service in November 2012 and join Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Silhouette, completing an investment totaling $3.7-billion.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Reflection will present guests with new features, yet to be announced, along with many of the features found on some or all of her sister ships:
* The “Celebrity iLounge” that made Celebrity Cruises the industry’s first Authorised Apple Reseller
* “Qsine,” the first seagoing restaurant to feature a menu and wine list on an iPad ®, and an engaging food-as-theater dining experience
* Celebrity Cruises’ iconic half-acre Lawn Club, with real, growing grass
* Ten unrivaled dining venues, including Qsine
* Modern, stylish interiors designed by some of the world’s best architects and designers
* Nightclubs and lounges, including CellarMasters, complete with the industry’s first installation of the innovative Enomatic by-the-glass wine serving system
* One of the broadest and best wine offerings in the industry, served by one of the world’s largest staffs of certified sommeliers
* One of the world’s largest permanent collections of original contemporary art, and the industry’s first self-guided art tours to be presented on an iPad ®
* Widely varied entertainment, including aerial acts
* Entertaining and enriching onboard programmes offered through “Celebrity Life,” including instruction on the latest iPods ®, MacBooks ® and iLife ® classes; language learning through Rosetta Stone ®; wine tastings with Riedel Crystal, and enrichment presentations with Smithsonian Journeys
Celebrity Cruises is designed for discerning cruisers, with modern, sophisticated environments, impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programmes, and world-class cuisine. The ultimate in premium cruising, Celebrity Cruises sails in Alaska, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, Europe, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Caribbean and the Galapagos Islands. Celebrity Cruises also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity Cruises’ mega-series of honours include being named the top mega-ship line in Condé Nast Traveler’s annual Readers’ Choice Awards (November 2009). Celebrity Cruises’ fleet currently consists of nine ships. Its USD $3.7-billion investment in building five stylish Solstice Class ships between 2008-2012 represents the largest newbuild commitment for a single brand in industry history.