A phenomenal ten ships from the Royal Caribbean International’s fleet will sail in Europe during 2011 making this the cruise line’s biggest ever European deployment sailing the Baltic and Mediterranean waters.
The 2011 European deployment will be an increase from eight ships in 2010 and offer over 100 unique itineraries, ranging from three to 18 nights and visiting 27 countries and 78 ports. Two ships, Liberty of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas, will sail their maiden European seasons from Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca, Spain, respectively. Independence of the Seas will continue its year-round service from Southampton and, together with sister ship Liberty of the Seas, brings for the first time to European waters, two Freedom-class ships.
To coincide with the new 2011 deployment schedule, Royal Caribbean International have featured popular Spanish/Italian Mediterranean and Canary Island breaks throughout the new Europe and Mediterranean brochure. The new brochure, packed with cruise options for summer 2011, also highlights a number of exciting cruises all-year-round from Southampton for Independence of the Seas. Most 2011 Royal Caribbean International Europe cruises and cruisetours are now open for sale.
The brochure is broken up into sections dedicated to different holiday choices such as short breaks, traditional 14-night main summer holidays, Northern Europe and winter sun. Agents will also find pages of short cruise options designed for first time cruisers to sample an at-sea holiday option. Plus, agents can pass on early booking savings of up to £500 per stateroom to their clients for cruises booked before 30 June 2010.
Mark Walter, head of field sales, Royal Caribbean International, explained:
“Our European line-up for 2011 is offering the greatest itinerary variety in the region, and our ships are second to none with both Independence of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas being the most innovative ships in the Mediterranean. With new ships in the region home porting for the first time in popular traditional holiday destinations such as Malaga and Palma de Mallorca, we are confident that our mix of itineraries and onboard experiences will appeal to every type of holidaymaker. Our 2011 brochure is packed with cruise options ensuring that Royal Caribbean International remains the favourite mainstream cruise line of travel agents”.
· Continuation of Independence of the Seas sailing all year round from Southampton as well as offering short cruises to Le Havre (Paris) and Cork, as well as 14-night Italian Mediterranean and Mediterranean Treasures options, 11-night Spain and Canary Island cruises and the Ultimate Mediterranean cruises for 18-nights. Prices from £299 per person for a three-night short cruise including an overnight stay in Le Havre (Paris)
· Confirmation of Liberty of the Seas sailing for the first time in Europe from Barcelona offering a number of short fly/cruise to the Western Mediterranean and two short itineraries to the Italian Riviera, as well as 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises from £1,089 per person.
· New for 2011 sees Grandeur of the Seas undertaking consecutive 7-night fly/cruise to the Italian Mediterranean and Spanish Mediterranean and home porting for the first time from Palma de Mallorca, Spain from £949 per person.
· Adventure of the Seas offering short Mediterranean cruises based from Malaga (Spain) for the second season. Cruises start at £689 per person for 5-night French Riviera fly/cruise as well as 7-night Western Mediterranean fly/cruise which visits for the first time, Valencia (Spain) from £949 per person.
· Continuing its popular itinerary, Brilliance of the Seas will return to weekly 8-night fly/cruise Arabian Adventure cruises from Dubai around the Arabian Peninsula from £1,189 per person. As well as 13-night Dubai and India fly/cruise featuring Goa and Bombay for £1,779 per person.
· 7-night Eastern Mediterranean, Greek Islands and Turkey from Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas. A seven-night Greek Isles and Turkey fly/cruise starts from £1,159 per person onboard Voyager of the Seas
· 12-night Egypt and Eastern Mediterranean winter sun options onboard Brilliance of the Seas featuring an overnight in Alexandria (Egypt), as well as Sicily, Greece and Malta. Prices start from £1,089 per person for a fly/cruise with cruise departing Barcelona
· Onboard Vision of the Seas discover St Petersburg & the Baltics with a 7-night fly/cruise for £929 per person, or two short 5-night fly/cruises to the Norwegian Fjords or Amsterdam and Bruges
· Scandinavia and Russia cruises including overnight in St Petersburg from Harwich onboard Jewel of the Seas. Prices for a 12-night fly/cruise itinerary start from £1,619 per person.
Royal Caribbean International 2010 Europe and the Mediterranean cruises go on sale on this week. An early booking saving of £250 per person (£500 per stateroom) for selected 18-night cruises, £200 per person (£400 per stateroom) on selected seven and 14-night cruises, and £100 per person (£200 per stateroom) on selected sailings of seven – 12 night cruises is available on cruises booked before 30 June 2010.