Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, today launched a new Apple iPhone application for members of its award-winning loyalty programme, Etihad Guest. It is the first application of its kind to offer real-time loyalty points redemption for its users.
The application, available free to download and use from the Apple iPhone store, will provide Etihad Guest members with an innovative and user-friendly tool designed to assist them manage their accounts and stay informed about the latest Etihad Guest promotions.
The new iPhone application will allow members to:
· redeem their points immediately for any of the more than 1,700 products from the Etihad Reward Shop;
· benefit from channel-exclusive promotions;
· check the latest partner promotions;
· view their account information;
· browse a list of all programme partners; and
· read general programme information.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, said: “The new iPhone application is yet another example of Etihad’s commitment to innovation and to developing smart products that enhance the Guest experience and make things simple and convenient for our customers.
“Etihad Guests who are iPhone users will now be able to access the information they need to maximise the benefits of their membership, all on their mobile device.”
The enhancements form part of a broader digital strategy for the airline, which will offer customers a range of services and information via mobile devices.