With its Mediterranean cruise season in full swing through the fall, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises is highlighting 10 top destinations that are springboards for new excursions in Southern Europe. From exclusive, only-to-Crystal Boutique Adventures that explore the arts to full days of athletic pursuits, nearly 100 brand new Crystal Adventures are available this season in both popular and up-and-coming destinations throughout Spain, France, Italy, the Adriatic, the Canary Islands, and more. The Crystal Adventures are offered on 25 Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity sailings from July through December, with savings of up to $4,200 if booked by August 30.
New outings are featured in:
1. Castellón de la Plana (maiden call): Hunt for, then feast upon, black truffles from the Morella countryside.
2. Bilbao: See areas and exhibits typically off-limits to the public, “backstage” at the iconic Guggenheim Museum.
3. Montenegro: Bike the Luštica Peninsula around Kotor, past olive groves and the Adriatic coastline, to a lunch of local specialties.
4. Palermo: Listen to classical strings in the Versailles-like ballroom of a Baroque ancestral palace during an exclusive Crystal-only concert.
5. Marseille: Master the making of French bouillabaisse or enjoy a French impressionist art show deep inside a limestone quarry.
6. Cartagena: Learn to sail, with the magnificent Spanish coastline as backdrop.
7. Venice: Enjoy a private, off-hours view of Tintoretto paintings adorning one of six medieval Venetian “great schools.”
8. The Canary Islands: Explore the villages and salt flats of Lanzarote by dune buggy or become a certified (or more experienced) scuba divier in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
9. La Spezia (maiden call): Explore Cinque Terre, lunching or wine tasting along the way.
10. Barcelona: Go behind-the-scenes from locker room to dugout at Fútbol Club Barcelona’s famous Camp Nou Stadium.
“Whether one is traveling to the area for the first time or his tenth, our collection of adventures offers so many less expected ways to experience the Mediterranean region as never before,” says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations.
The voyages, ranging from five to 29 days in length, are available in shorter, convenient Crystal Getaways and extended combination cruises for additional savings. All-inclusive cruise fares start at $1,950 per guest if booked by August 30. Fares for the new Crystal Adventures start at $48.
Crystal’s passion for creating exclusive, eye-opening luxury shore-side experiences are cornerstones of its Crystal Adventures program, earning the line top ratings for two decades.