IHG’s Holiday Inn Club Vacations® to open two new resorts
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), a global hotel organization, announced from their 2012 Americas Investors & Leadership Conference in Orlando, Fla., that by the end of the year Holiday Inn Club Vacations will have more than doubled its portfolio since its inception in 2008.
During the conference, Holiday Inn Club Vacations revealed its newest properties Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, a 37-unit beachfront resort in Panama City Beach, Fla., and Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, a 78-villa beachfront property in Galveston, Texas opening this December. With the addition of these properties, the brand now boasts ten locations.
“The addition of two new resorts to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations portfolio demonstrates the strength of the brand and our ability to find strategic opportunities for growth,” said Del Ross, vice president, Americas Sales & Marketing. “We continue to look at key vacation destinations such as Hawaii and other west coast locations to expand the brand.”
In 2008, IHG and 30-year timeshare developer Orange Lake Resorts developed a strategic alliance to create the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand. This marked IHG’s first move into the timeshare market, which continues to be one of the fastest-growing segments of the U.S. holiday and vacation industry. [Source: American Resort Development Association (ARDA)]. Orange Lake and Holiday Inn are both rooted in the legacy and ingenuity of their founder, Kemmons Wilson. Don Harrill, president and CEO of Orange Lake Resorts and chairman of ARDA says, “The success of this strategic alliance has once again proven that vacations matter to consumers. Orange Lake Resort in Orlando, Fla. began with Kemmons Wilson’s vision to create an even better way to vacation. By aligning with IHG and the Holiday Inn brand family once again, we’ve been able to create more awareness and visibility for our resort destinations so that more travelers can learn about and consider us for their next stay with friends and family.”
The strength of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand is proven by its impact to business for both companies:
- The Holiday Inn Club Vacations resort portfolio has expanded from four destinations to nine, with a tenth resort joining the brand in late 2012. This is a total of 3,788 rooms.
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations resorts see an average of 850,000 guests per year
- The brand has opened three additional sales centers and has increased timeshare sales by 35.7%.
- The brand provides vacation ownership preview tours to 170,000 guests per year
- Membership in the Holiday Inn Club timeshare ownership program has risen from 51,568 in 2010 to nearly 80,000 in 2012.