For its upcoming European season, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises is offering new, interactive ways to explore the rich Christian history of the continent via new Christian Heritage Tours. Travelers cruising to the Mediterranean, western Europe, or the North Cape will have nine new opportunities to make a pilgrimage, attend mass, contribute to charitable works, or learn about the relics and architecture of centuries-old sites of religious renown, with more tours still in the works.
Among the Crystal Adventures being introduced from April to December are:
* Dubrovnik, Croatia: Make a pilgrimage into Bosnia, where reported visions of the Virgin Mary have made Medjugorje’s * Apparition Hill a top sacred site for Catholic pilgrims.
Barcelona: Attend private mass with Crystal’s onboard priest at Gaudi’s infamous Sagrada Familia (a cruise-industry first).
* Leknes/Lofoten, Norway: Choose from three different trips to see the 18th century, wooden Russian-style Flakstad Church.
* Sorrento, Italy: Assist the 400 year-old charity brotherhood of Pio Monte della Misericordia, via a complimentary “You Care, We Care” voluntourism excursion.
* La Coruna, Spain: View the UNESCO World Heritage town of Santiago de Compostela from the rooftop of the largest Romanesque church in Spain.
* Southampton/London: See the carved, canopied choir stalls of the almost 1000 year-old Winchester Cathedral, once the seat of Anglo-Saxon and Norman royal power.
“This program expansion builds upon our incredibly popular Jewish heritage tours offered around the world,” says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations. “Religious-related shore excursions are just one more way our guests can experience the unique history and culture of a destination, and perhaps even connect with their own personal ancestry, as well.”
Until February 28, per-person “Book Now” fares for Crystal Symphony or Crystal Serenity’s all-inclusive, luxury European cruises start at $1,360 per person/double occupancy, with attractive air add-ons from more than 90 North American airports. A one-week sale ending February 11 also offers up to $800 per stateroom in shore excursion credits on select European voyages.
Crystal Cruises’ passion for creating unique luxury experiences both on land and at sea have helped earn the company top ratings from international travelers for two decades.