Addressing the desires of niche-interest travelers, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises announces 25 Experiences of Discovery® cruises for 2012. Twelve different themes on more than one-third of next year’s voyages are planned for various global locales. Due to increased demand, Crystal’s stimulating and topical Ocean Views™ program will be offered on both Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony sailings.
The full list of theme voyages includes:
* Ocean Views: New this year, 2012’s program expands to not only again include World Cruise segments, but also Trans-Atlantics. During the sailings, expert thinkers from various fields (ambassadors, professors, military leaders, foreign correspondents, etc.) meet for several panel discussions debating current events and/or global issues.
* Big Band & Ballroom Dance: Crystal is doubling its number of Big Band and Ballroom Dancing cruises, so guests can dance and swing across the Atlantic on both ships in 2012.
* Emerging Artists: A huge sensation during Crystal’s 2011 Alaska season, Europe-bound guests next summer will now be the first to discover new, rising talent, fresh from Los Angeles Music Center’s Spotlight program.
* Wine & Food Festival: Expert chefs, wine authorities, mixologists, and other culinary pros unite to create special meals, cocktails, and presentations related to the region.
* Film & Theater: Stars and industry experts bring Hollywood and Broadway to life while sailing from LA to New York.
* Golf: Luxury play on some of Europe’s most prestigious championship courses.
* Jazz: Dozens of jazz artists performing, with insider extras.
* NFL Legends: Motivational talks by football greats.
* Floral Design: Expert-led how-to classes.
* Comprehensive Creative Learning Institute: An expanded curriculum of music, language, computer, fitness, and other enrichment classes.
* President’s Cruise: Crystal President Gregg Michel hosts a voyage packed with special guests, events, and receptions.
* Crystal Society: A celebratory gathering of veteran Crystal cruisers.
“Many travelers love spending their vacation indulging in a special interest or meeting others with similar passions,” says Bret Bullock, vice president entertainment. “On Crystal’s ‘Experiences of Discovery’ cruises, sophisticated explorers can expand their knowledge and connect in a luxury environment.”