Celebrity Cruises launches “Celebrity Life Plus”
Celebrity Cruises is launching “Celebrity Life Plus”, an extension of the “Celebrity Life” activity programme which will be available to guests on transatlantic sailings. Guests can enjoy a wide range of immersive activities, including Riedel comparative wine glass workshops, cooking competitions, from Rosetta Stone language lessons and iPhoto classes.
“Experienced cruisers know that transatlantic cruises offer an ideal opportunity to spend luxurious days at sea learning new things, exploring new tastes, recharging, or simply having fun,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations, Celebrity Cruises. “The introduction of Celebrity Life Plus takes everything our guests already love about these sailings and about Celebrity Life and marries the two, resulting in the most comprehensive, enriching, exciting and fun long cruises, offering incredible speakers and other exclusive activities. Never before have we had such a wide array of offerings and activities on one sailing.”
Highlights of the Celebrity Life Plus programme include:
· The opportunity to hear from guest chefs and wine educators, who will present cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, book signings, food-and-wine pairing dinners and more, on each transatlantic cruise
· Speakers from Smithsonian Journeys, the programme known for its experts who deliver Celebrity Cruises’ destination lectures on many of the regular cruises throughout the year
· Astronomy experts David Hughes and Steve Maran will speak on select sailings, as will art history expert Allison Jessing
· Former Olympic gold medalist Frank Shorter and professional basketball player Nancy Lieberman will share their experiences in the world of sports
· Additional special interest speakers include naturalists, oceanographers and guest artists. The first of these will be the first at-sea appearance by the palette knife artist Graham Denison, a contemporary impressionist whose work has been prominently featured by The Walt Disney Company and other leading consumer brands. Denison will be on the first 2012 spring transatlantic sailing painting live in a studio setting, offering guests an interactive class and hosting question-and-answer sessions
· Guests can participate in additional interactive classes including jewelry making, mosaics, drawing, Chinese brush painting and watercolor
Celebrity Cruises will also introduce the popular Latin and internationally inspired dance-fitness class “Zumba Fitness”. Celebrity Life Plus will offer two classes a day – Zumba Gold (for the active older adult) and Aqua Zumba, which Zumba calls “the ultimate pool party”
The cruises that will feature Celebrity Life Plus are:
· 14-night sailing on Celebrity Solstice, departing Fort Lauderdale (Florida) on 15 April 2012 and arriving in Barcelona (Spain) on 29 April
· 10-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Miami (Florida) on 21 April 2012 and arriving in Southampton (England) on 1 May from £1,221.00 per person (based on two people sharing an inside stateroom). Price includes one way flight from London Heathrow and one night’s pre-cruise hotel accommodation in Miami.
· 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Fort Lauderdale on 5 May 2012 and arriving in Amsterdam (Holland) on 20 May
· 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Fort Lauderdale on 16 April 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia, Italy) on 30 April
· Nine-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Cape Liberty (Bayonne, New Jersey) on 22 April 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia) on 1 May
· 13-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southampton on 27 October 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on 9 November from £1,338.00 per person (based on two people sharing an inside stateroom). Price includes one way flight from Miami to London Heathrow.
· 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on 26 November 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on 10 December
· 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Southampton on 30 November 2012 and arriving in Miami on 16 December
· 15-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on 1 December 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on 16 December