Building on a legacy of more than 40 years of innovation and creative design, Royal Caribbean International today unveiled first details of the next generation of cruise holidays – Quantum cruising.
The Quantum class of ships will take a dramatic leap forwards, introducing more game-changing “firsts at sea” such as a skydiving experience, a thrilling adventure that transports guests more than 300 feet in the air on a breathtaking journey; cutting-edge transformative venues including the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars, roller skating and more; and the cruise line’s largest and most advanced accommodation ever.
These new, larger staterooms enable innovation in design, storage and comfort including the industry’s first virtual balconies - every stateroom on Quantum of the Seas will have a view. The much anticipated details were unveiled by stage, television and film star, Kristin Chenoweth – Godmother of Quantum of the Seas – at an exclusive event in New York City this morning.
“This new generation of ships gave us an opportunity to make another leap in vessel design. Innovation has always been part of our DNA and we have taken advantage of all that creativity to design Quantum cruising,” stated Richard D. Fain, chairman & CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. “The unique features on Quantum of the Seas will boggle our guests’ minds, but the real strength of the design is how our people have integrated all these diverse components to create a comfortable and exciting experience.”
Having led the cruise and leisure industry by introducing incredible signature offerings such as the first Rock Climbing Wall, ice-skating rink, FlowRider surf simulator, Central Park and AquaTheater at sea, Royal Caribbean International will advance the onboard experience even further by delivering a groundbreaking lineup of “firsts at sea” on Quantum-class ships. New features exclusive to Royal Caribbean International include:
· RipCord by iFly, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving in a safe, controlled, and simulated environment
· North Star, an engineering marvel, takes guests to new heights – literally – with a jewel-shaped, glass capsule, transporting them on a spectacular journey more than 300 feet above the ocean and over the sides of the ship to deliver awe-inspiring 360-degree views.
“We are excited to be introducing major advancements in ship design and offerings on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas,” said Adam Goldstein, president & CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “The innovative spirit of our brand is alive and well, and with Quantum class, we will deliver more unexpected activities in the most extraordinary spaces. Our guests should prepare to be wowed.”
With Quantum class, Royal Caribbean International marries new innovations with significant architectural design elements to introduce spectacular spaces. On Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas guests will find endless possibilities with three new signature venues.
· A revolutionary concept, Two70° is a multi-level great room that is sure to become one of the most iconic venues onboard Quantum class ships. The space is aptly named for its magnificent 270-degree panoramic sea views through vast, floor-to-ceiling glass walls spanning almost three decks at the stern of the ship. Two70° seamlessly fuses entertainment and technology to create a transformative journey from day to night. The perfect setting to connect with the sea during the day, Two70° provides a modern and comfortable living room space for guests to sit back and relax. As the sun sets and the lights go down, the dazzling space gradually reveals its evening persona, delighting guests with spectacular, mysterious and unexpected entertainment at night. Unparalleled technology means every show at Two70° is multidimensional and immerses the audience through a combination of live performers, including aerialists, as well as breathtaking video and digital scenery
· The largest indoor active space at sea, SeaPlex is a distinctive and flexible sporting and entertainment venue with thrilling new features that will inspire guests of all ages to connect with their playful sides. Delivering more first-at-sea experiences, guests can enjoy a circus school with flying trapeze, or play basketball on a full-size basketball court. By night, the first-ever bumper car and roller skating offerings deliver fun and excitement. Or, guests can dance to music orchestrated from a floating DJ booth which hovers above the activity below
· A performance hall and the hottest live music venue on Quantum class, Music Hall is the place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more. Rebellious and edgy, Music Hall’s two-story design is inspired by the spirit of rock and roll.
With guest comfort and convenience in mind, Royal Caribbean International debuts the most spacious and luxurious accommodations ever, introducing rooms that on average are nine percent larger than those of the cruise line’s Oasis class ships. Sophisticated design, layouts and finishes create a home away from home. Boasting Royal Caribbean International’s new smart design concept, each stateroom features contemporary designs with easy-to-use customisable layouts and intuitive larger storage solutions.
· Now every room on Quantum of the Seas has a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations
· For multi-generational families, Family-Connected staterooms deliver more flexibility, using three different stateroom categories which connect to form a special layout that provides separate bedrooms and bathrooms for all. These rooms allow families and groups of friends traveling together to enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes to together and alone time
· With Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International introduces the largest variety of stateroom categories, including new Studio staterooms, some with balconies for single travellers, three Junior Suite categories and larger Loft Suites
The adults-only Solarium, along with an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with operable roof and a H2O Zone kids’ aqua park, will be featured on the top deck. Signature Royal Caribbean International venues and experiences popular with families such as the Rock Climbing Wall; FlowRider surf simulator; the award-winning Adventure Ocean children’s programme; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; and the DreamWorks entertainment and events featuring the characters from animated movies: Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar; will all be back on Quantum class.
Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas also will make a quantum leap forward in culinary offerings providing the most flexible dining options and more speciality restaurants than ever before. Additional details about dining, entertainment and other unexpected features and activities on Quantum of the Seas will be unveiled in the coming months.
Quantum class will debut in autumn 2014 with Quantum of the Seas, followed by sister-ship Anthem of the Seas in spring 2015. Quantum ships span 18 decks, encompass 167,800 gross registered tons, carry 4,180 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,090 staterooms.
Quantum of the Seas will sail out of the New York Harbour from the homeport of Cape Liberty on 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. Bookings will be available to Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program members on 27 May 2013 before opening to the general public on 4 June 2013. More information on Quantum of the Seas is available at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/Quantum.
Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 40-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry firsts never-before-seen at sea. The cruise line features an expansive and unmatched array of features and amenities only found on Royal Caribbean including, jaw-dropping, Broadway-style entertainment and industry-acclaimed programming that appeals to families and adventurous holidaymakers alike.
Royal Caribbean International sails 21 of the world’s most innovative cruise ships to the most popular destinations in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, South America, the Far East, and Australia and New Zealand and is world renowned for its friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service, delivered by every staff and crew member.