The continuing impact of new technology on the meetings industry is significant and the EIBTM Technology Watch Award is now the most high profile and longest running recognition scheme for innovation in the sector worldwide. Considered to be the “Meetings Industry Tech Oscars” it will celebrate its 13th anniversary this year.
Free to enter, the application process for submissions is now open at www.eibtm.com/techwatch. The award winner will receive an exhibition stand within the Technology Village at EIBTM (value €3000) to showcase their product to over 15,200 industry professionals expected to attend this year’s event.
Chaired by Corbin Ball (recently named one of the 25 most influential people in the meetings industry) the expert judging panel will be looking for companies to demonstrate new and innovative technology solutions that can make a significant difference to the industry.
With the winner being chosen before EIBTM, the prize also includes a global publicity and marketing campaign pre-show as well as high visibility on site with:
· Inclusion in a monthly e-newsletter to over 28,000 industry professionals
· Announcement in the weekly EIBTM news alert which is issued to over 15,000 industry professionals in the run up to the show
· Profile on the EIBTM website which receives over 1.3 million page views per year
· Exposure to the world’s industry media
· Inclusion in the official EIBTM catalogue (printed and online)
· Award presentation at the show
· Article in the official Show Daily at EIBTM distributed to all attendees
In 2011, the award went to US based ITN International. “The leads we generated and the contacts we made were extraordinary,” said Mike Sorgani, Vice President, Sales and Marketing of the full-service registration and lead management company.
“I will give you just one example. Eleven days after EIBTM, we found ourselves in front of the producer of the world’s largest corporate event, describing how our technology could add excitement. The invitation to visit the producer’s offices and make a presentation stemmed directly from our award and the prize for us to exhibit at EIBTM. This particular opportunity is huge-and we owe it to EIBTM.” He added.