Imprinted in both history and imagination, the Orient Express brand has been reinvented for the future, with a vision to build a collection of prestigious hotels, steeped in tradition, myth and adventure.
The new series of pop-up evenings aboard the British Pullman hosted by an array of award-winning celebrity chefs, together with Executive Head Chef Robbie Gleeson, is announced for 2014.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. has announced the opening of a new restaurant at Copacabana Palace in Rio de Janeiro, fronted by celebrity chef Ken Hom.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. is dedicated to creating unique experiences, and this ethos extends to the spa treatments offered at each property, which are regularly updated to ensure guests enjoy a truly unforgettable visit. This autumn, innovative new treatments are available on spa menus in hotels in Mallorca, Sicily, Cape Town and California, using nourishing ingredients to leave guests feeling relaxed and revitalised.
The crystal glasses are gleaming, the silver is polished, marquetry panels varnished and cabins prepared; arrangements are complete for the start of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express’ 2013 season. This year sees the train head to Scandinavia on a new and exciting itinerary from Venice to Stockholm via Copenhagen and the restoration of two of the 17 iconic carriages, keeping the romance of train travel alive.
Located on the French side of St. Martin, La Samanna has completed the second phase of an extensive renovation project. Revitalising its long-standing reputation as the ultimate luxury Caribbean destination, the Orient-Express property now features two new restaurants and a revamped lobby with sea views as part of the redesigned main building, as well as refurbished suites and rooms.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. announced that John M. Scott III has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer and a Director. Mr. Scott, 47, is an experienced operator of luxury hotels who most recently served as President and CEO of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, where he oversaw a portfolio of 17 ultra-luxury hotels located in seven countries with combined revenues of more than $500 million.
Orient-Express has announced Andrew Cook has been appointed general manager of the British Pullman train. Cook will oversee all areas of the business for the British Pullman and will be based in London, reporting into Gary Franklin, managing director, Trains & Cruises.
Orient-Express Hotels appointed John M. Scott III as president and chief executive officer and as a director. Mr. Scott, 47, is an experienced operator of luxury hotels who most recently served as President and CEO of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, where he oversaw a portfolio of 17 ultra-luxury hotels located in seven countries with combined revenues of more than $500 million.
Indian Hotels Company (IHC) may increase its offer to take over Orient-Express Hotels after the global luxury hotels operator rejected its $1.2 billion bid earlier this week. Tata Group-owned IHC, which currently holds approximately a 7% stake in Orient Express, offered $12.63 per share for the remaining 93% of the US-listed company as it looks to expand its international presence.