UK’s biggest travel show brings the world to London
The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show comes to Earls Court 6 - 9 February 2014, featuring celebrities, world food tastings, a free travel clinic and 300+ exhibitors
Back for the 20th year, after a record year in 2013, The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show, the UK’s biggest travel exhibition, takes place 6 - 9 February 2014 at London’s Earl’s Court. A celebrity line up of travel experts including Monty Halls, Jeremy Bowen and Julia Bradbury join Simon Reeve, more than 500 brands, performers, expert speakers and food from around the world to make the show the best source of inspiration for passionate travellers in 2014.
A number of firsts make 2014 special for The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show:
• A NEW partnership with MASTA (Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad), means show visitors can enjoy a free, personalised consultation with expert nurses on what vaccinations they’ll need for their next journey. To receive immunisations and anti-malarials at the show, pre-book an appointment on www.destinationsshow.com from December 2013.
• Bringing a touch of luxury to The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show, the NEW No.1 Lounge Experience (E190), from No1Traveller.com, will offer complimentary spa treatments and refreshments while visitors contemplate their next adventure and take a moment to relax. Plus, book in to one of their award-winning airport lounges at exclusive discounted prices.
• Visitors can get a flavour for different cultures and countries at Taste the World where complimentary samples of world food and drink are available throughout the day. However, if you fancy delicacies including mopane worms, the Extreme Taste Zone is for you - a NEW Taste Zone serving some especially exotic and unusual food and drink samples!
• And don’t miss Lonely Planet Traveller Magazine’s ‘Across the Planet’ 40th anniversary feature. Travel around the world in 100s of spectacular photos as Lonely Planet recreates the journey that led to the founding of the publisher 40 years ago - from London to Sydney via Europe, Asia and the wilds of Papua New Guinea. Visitors can also benefit from exclusive 40th anniversary special offers on the stand.
Other key features of the show include the Meet the Experts Theatres which will play host to travel personalities, celebrities and experts offering advice and information in an intimate setting. The headliners for 2014 span travel, TV, wildlife, international politics, science, history and photography.
• Author and TV presenter Simon Reeve will be speaking every day at the Destinations Show. Talk times will be published in January 2014.
• Award-winning broadcaster and journalist, Jeremy Bowen, the BBC’s Middle East Editor, will be speaking at Destinations on Saturday 8 February on the World Entertainment Stage.
• TV presenter, globetrotter and known to many as “the face of the outdoors”, Julia Bradbury, will be speaking at Destinations on Sunday 9th February on the World Entertainment Stage.
• A former Royal Marines officer, Monty Halls left the services in 1996 to pursue a career in leading expeditions as a marine biologist and TV presenter. Monty will be speaking at Destinations on Thursday 6th February on the World Entertainment Stage.
• Award-winning wildlife photographer and guide Paul Goldstein will be speaking every day at the Destinations Show. Talk times will be published in January 2014.
• Steve Davey is a photographer and internationally bestselling writer based in London. He is offering expert tuition as part of the show’s Travel Photography Seminars.
Simon Reeve said, “I’m delighted to be attending The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show. I would recommend it as an essential event for anyone who is passionate about travel and wants to discover incredible new places,” said Simon Reeve. “Having travelled to many amazing countries and encountered wonderful cultures, landscapes and wildlife, I’m really looking forward to sharing my experiences with the show’s visitors.”
For keen photographers there are Travel Photography Seminars. Covering topics including ‘Introduction to photography’ to the more advanced ‘Seeing pictures and composition, these half-day seminars are a must for those looking to take pictures they can be proud of, not just records of the fantastic places they travel to. Places are £55 each and include show admission. The World Entertainment Stage will see some vibrant acts bringing different cultures from around the world to life.
The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show is the UK’s biggest established consumer show dedicated to travel and holidays and will also take place in Manchester in January 2013. The Show offers global holidays and travel experiences over and above the high street package options for the discerning and independently-minded traveller and encompasses both long and short haul destinations. Providing the most up-to-date travel information, the Show is well regarded as THE consumer travel show for providing specialist advice, inspiration and an entertaining day out as well as the opportunity to take advantage of exclusive Show offers.
Sam North, Clarion Show Director said, “We’re really looking forward to the 2014 shows and building on the success of 2013 which saw more than 55,000 visitors attend. There will be a huge choice of fresh travel inspiration on offer with more than 300 exhibitors showcasing destinations across the world - from adventure tour operators to road trips in the USA to cruise holidays and city breaks. The show is a great day out for travellers, photographers and families alike and is the perfect place to start planning or booking adventures in 2014.”