Transport group Stagecoach has confirmed the senior management teams at its rail companies. This follows new South West Trains’ Managing Director Tim Shoveller taking up his post earlier this month, and David Horne taking over as Managing Director of East Midlands Trains.
The following management teams have now been confirmed:
South West Trains
· Operations Director – Mark Steward*
· Engineering Director – Christian Roth
· Finance Director – Andy West
· Customer Services Director – Jake Kelly
· Human Resources Director – Kelly Barlow**
· Safety & Environment Director – Brian Cook
* Mark Steward has been appointed as Operations Director for South West Trains. Mark, aged 49 and currently Safety & Operations Director for East Midlands Trains, replaces Ian Johnston. Mark has led the Operations team at East Midlands Trains since the start of the franchise in November 2007 and has 28 years railway experience.
** Kelly Barlow has been appointed as new HR Director for South West Trains, replacing Andrew Welsby, who will be leaving the company at the end of March to take up a new role outside of the rail industry. Kelly, aged 34, started her career working for South West Trains, before moving to a senior HR role within East Midlands Trains. Most recently, she has been working on the Stagecoach Business Development Team.
East Midlands Trains
· Safety & Operations Director – Ian Smith *
· Engineering Director – Tim Sayer
· Finance Director – Tim Gledhill **
· Customer Service Director – to be appointed
· Human Resources Director – Clare McCartney ***
* Ian Smith has been appointed as the new Safety & Operations Director for East Midlands Trains. Ian Smith, aged 43, is an experienced railwayman who has previously held senior roles within Wessex Trains, South West Trains, First Great Western and ATOC. Most recently, he has been working at ATOC on the roll out of the new GSMR system and has covered the position of Customer Service Director of East Midlands Trains on a short-term basis.
** Tim Gledhill has been confirmed as Finance Director of East Midlands Trains. Tim, aged 45, replaces Richard Bodicoat who is now working as part of the Stagecoach Business Development team. Tim joined East Midlands Trains as Financial Controller in 2007.
*** Clare McCartney has been appointed as HR Director at East Midlands Trains. Clare, aged 31, replaces Margaret Kay who has taken over the role of Managing Director at Stagecoach Supertram. Clare has held senior roles within the Human Resources team since the start of the East Midlands Trains franchise in November 2007.
Tim Shoveller, Managing Director for South West Trains, said: “I would like to welcome Mark and Kelly to the team at South West Trains, and thank Ian and Andrew for their valuable contribution to the business over the years.
“As new Managing Director, my focus for the year ahead will be to continue to work closely with Network Rail to deliver the high levels of performance and service that our customers expect of South West Trains.
“The whole team at South West Trains will have a key role to play in helping to deliver further improvements for customers, and I’m confident that the changes made will ensure we are in the best possible position moving forward.”
David Horne, Managing Director for East Midlands Trains, added: “I am delighted to welcome the new members of the team, and would like to thank Mark Steward for his valuable contribution to East Midlands Trains and wish him well in his new role.
“The year ahead holds some great challenges and opportunities for East Midlands Trains. In addition to our services playing a vital role in carrying people to the London 2012 Games, we’re committed to building even further on the improvements we’ve already made, including better train services and improved stations.
“I look forward to working with the whole team in driving forward further improvements for our passengers.”