Celebrity Cruises announces six ships in Europe for summer 2013
From spring 2013, Celebrity Cruises will offer its broadest array of modern luxury cruises on one of the newest fleets of ships in Europe. The six contemporary ships will visit 25 countries from seven departure ports; a total of 88 destinations in Europe, six representing Celebrity Cruises’ ‘firsts’.
The first-time destinations include Liverpool (England), famed home of “The Beatles”; Waterford (Ireland), known for the fine crystal bearing its name; Torshavn, the capital of the Faroe Islands; Varna (Bulgaria), the largest city and seaside resort on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast; Sevastopol, the second largest port in Ukraine, after the Port of Odessa; and Kristiansand (Norway), known for staging major events such Bragdoya Blues Festival to the Quart Festival headlined by world-renowned rock artists.
Celebrity Cruises’ summer 2013 Europe portfolio includes:
· Celebrity Reflection – which sets sail in October of this year, complete with the brand’s first “Signature Suites”, the jaw-dropping, two-bedroom “Reflection Suite” and the new AquaClass Suites – will present a full season of 10- and 11-night round-trip sailings from Rome. The 10-night itinerary features visits to Sicily (Italy); Athens (Greece) and the Greek Isles, and Kusadasi (Turkey), while the 11-night sailing also features an overnight stay in Istanbul. Prices start from £1,389 per person for a 10-night fly/cruise.
· Celebrity Silhouette – the first to enhance Celebrity Cruises’ Lawn Club with The Lawn Club Grill interactive grill restaurant, The Porch (casual dining), and The Alcoves (a private retreat overlooking the lawn, featuring eight cabana-style settings) – will offer a blend of 10- to 13-night sailings from romantic Venice, as well as voyages to and from Venice and/or Rome. With just one to two days at sea on each sailing, the itineraries were expressly designed to offer a destination-rich holiday, including towns along the Adriatic coast, as well as multiple locations in Greece and Turkey. Prices start from £1,409 per person for an 11-night fly/cruise.
· Celebrity Infinity – From spring 2013, the newly refurbished Celebrity Infinity will be based from Harwich for the European season for the first time. The extensive refit incorporates a host of guest-favourite venues and experiences from the Solstice Class of ships, such as the Apple-dedicated iLounge internet cafe, and the eclectic Qsine speciality restaurant – will make its European debut in 2013, offering new 10- and 11-night British Isles, Norwegian Fjords and Iceland & Fjords itineraries roundtrip from Harwich (England). And, in September 2013, Celebrity Infinity will present the “Immersive Europe Wine Cruises” that premiere on Celebrity Constellation this autumn during harvest season, complete with overnight stays in Paris/Normandy (Le Havre, France); Bilbao (Spain); and Bordeaux (Le Verdon, France). Prices start from £899 per person based on 12 night cruise only.
· Celebrity Eclipse – named “Best from the UK” in Cruise Critic’s Cruisers’ Choice Awards 2012 (UK), and the first ship to debut the Apple-dedicated iLounge internet cafe and the eclectic Qsine speciality restaurant – will continue to offer a mix of distinct 14-night Mediterranean, Scandinavia/Russia, Iceland/Norwegian Fjords and Canary Islands/Azores holidays from Southampton. The ship’s Baltic season in 2013 will be expanded with the Iceland/Norwegian Fjords itinerary featuring an overnight stay in Reykjavik (Iceland), and a full-day visit to Akureyri (Iceland). Prices start from £849 per person based on an 8-night cruise only.
· Celebrity Constellation – also featuring the guest-favourite enhancements incorporated in the line’s refurbishment initiative, including new AquaClass Suites, exclusive healthy-eating specialty restaurant Blu, CellarMasters wine bar and the Apple-dedicated iLounge internet cafe, among other new venues – throughout May to August 2013 will present seven Scandinavia/Russia cruises, an Arctic Circle voyage and a Norwegian Fjords sailing, all roundtrip from Amsterdam. Then, from Istanbul, the ship will set sail on two new 12-night Black Sea & Greek Isles sailings, highlighted by an overnight stay in Odessa (Ukraine); visits to Sevastopol and Yalta (Ukraine), and Celebrity Cruises’ first visit to Varna (Bulgaria). Celebrity Constellation will end its summer season with four 12-night Greek Isles & Turkey sailings, all from Istanbul. Prices start from £1,499 per person based on a 12 night fly/cruise.
· Celebrity Equinox – one of three Solstice Class ships offering guests with The Hot Glass Show – will present a full season of 12-night sailings from Barcelona (Spain), with the majority of the cruises featuring visits to Florence (Livorno, Naples) and Adriatic ports, in addition to an overnight stay in Venice. The ship’s alternating itineraries include visits to Naples (Athens), Ephesus (Kusadasi, the Greek Isles) and Valletta (Malta).Prices start from £1,339 per person based on a 12-night fly/cruise.
Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Infinity go on sale on 15 March 2012 and the other four European ships will go on sale on 27 March 2012. To mark the launch of the 2013 summer sailings, Celebrity Cruises is offering an Early Booking Offer with a saving of up to £400 per stateroom across the European fleet and free car parking, coach transfers or reduced regional air, for cruises departing from the UK, if booked by 31 May 2012.