AngloINFO launches new website for expats in Istanbul
AngloINFO, the world’s largest expat website, has announced today the launch of its first Turkish website, demonstrating its commitment to expanding its global network of websites with clear, reliable and trustworthy information for expatriate communities around the world.
Over the past 12 years, AngloINFO has built the world’s largest network of websites for English-speaking expats and residents. It operates in many regions around the world providing vital support and information to the local international communities. Its local websites provide detailed day-to-day support to people living in a particular region, while its national websites are specifically geared to addressing the needs of those who are in the process of moving, or looking to move to one of its 66 locations in 32 countries around the world.
Packed full of useful information for expats living and working in the Turkish capital, Istanbul now has its own, local AngloINFO website – the essential free-of-charge resource for the local international community.
The Istanbul operation is managed by franchisee Pelin Kadilar, who commented: “Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, and the heart of the country’s business and cultural scene. Its unique location, connecting Europe and Asia, certainly makes it an exciting place for expats to live in. Despite being an ultra-modern modern city, expats moving to Istanbul will experience a city that stays in touch with its traditional and religious roots, which can require some getting used for Western expatriates.
The Turkish culture is very lively, colourful, diverse and unique, and the locals are known for their hospitability, but a difficult language to master, and different business customs and habits can make moving to Istanbul a challenge. We believe AngloINFO will be a very useful resource for those who have recently moved, are thinking about moving to this city or have been living here for some time, and are not fluent in Turkish”.
Expats and English-speaking residents in Istanbul can now:
* Choose from dozens of daily events and hundreds of events scheduled for the year in the What’s On Guide
* Search the directory of thousands of local, English-speaking businesses
* Get advice from other Istanbul expats in the local Discussions
* Buy and sell essential items through the Classifieds
* Browse hundreds of pages of carefully-researched, factually correct information covering topics ranging from finding accommodation and employment, to understanding the school system or registering a car
* AngloINFO Istanbul and its new sister site, AngloINFO Turkey, offer the definitive in-depth resource for any expat living in, or moving to, this unique city, which connects Europe and Asia on more than one level.