As accommodation market conditions continue to improve across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, astute hotel industry participants are looking to the future and working hard to make sure they will be Catching the Next Wave of market and operational opportunities. To hear about the best strategies for exploiting the improving market conditions, leading hotel, resort and serviced apartment owners, investors, operators, developers, lenders, advisers and other stakeholders will meet at the Hilton Sydney from 22nd to 24th June 2011 for the Australia, New Zealand & Pacific Hotel Industry Conference (ANZPHIC 2011) – the main event on the hotel industry calendar in the region.
In its 11th year the conference will again be hosted by leading hotel consultants, Horwath HTL and industry lawyers Blake Dawson. Over 400 delegates are expected to join 40 Sponsors, Exhibitors and Supporters at the event.
“These are exciting times for the industry. Demand is surging, performance is strong in most markets, the outlook is the best it’s been for many years and there’s an urgent need for new room supply. It’s time to look forward and plan for the next exciting phase of the industry’s development” ANZPHIC 2011 chair & Horwath HTL Managing Director, Mr John Smith said.
In order to take a closer look at the fastest growing sector of the market, a new event, the Serviced Apartments Summit will be held as a pre-event to ANZPHIC 2011 on 22 June 2011. The Summit will assess the outlook for, issues surrounding and opportunities in the serviced apartment sector, as well as their implications for the broader accommodation industry.
Topics to be covered in ANZPHIC 2011 include:
* Surf’s Up! Data, Analysis & Insight on State of the Industry
* When, Where & How to Catch The Next Wave – An Industry Leaders Session
* Next Wave Driver – China, the Hotel Game Changer
* Bringing Tourists Back!
* Deals, Dollars and Values
* Women Rule, OK?
* Riding The Next Development Wave
* What Really Matters – Industry Leaders HardTalk
* Lifestyle Meets Luxury – Next Generation Hotel Brands and What’s Driving Them
* Profits or Losses from the Social Media Revolution? An ANZPHIC Audience Interactive
The 70 speakers participating in the events include:
* Michael Issenberg, Chairman and Chief Operating Officer, Accor Asia Pacific
* Patrick Imbardelli, President & Chief Executive Officer, Pan Pacific Hotels Group
* Bob East, Chief Executive Officer, Mantra Group
* Martin Rinck, President - Asia Pacific, Hilton Hotels Corporation
* Gary Prattley, Chair, WA Planning Commission
* Bruce McKenzie, Chief Operating Officer Australia, NZ & Sth Pacific, InterContinental Hotels Group
* David Bayes, Chief Executive Officer, Choice Hotels Australia
* Barry Robinson, President & CEO, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific
* Rajeev Menon, Area Vice President India, Malaysia, Maldives & Australia, Marriott International
* Andrew McEvoy, Managing Director, Tourism Australia
* Simon McGrath, Vice President, Accor Australia
* Lyndel Gray, Executive Director and General Manager, Tourism New South Wales
* Matt Eady, Chief Executive Officer, Tourism Asset Holdings Limited
* Peter Barge, former Chairman of Jones Lang LaSalle Asia Pacific
* Anthony De Francesco, Managing Director, IPD Australia & New Zealand
* Andrew Jessop, Vice President Development Worldwide, Langham Hotels International
* Phil Kasselis, Vice President Development South East Asia & A’sia, InterContinental Hotels Group
* Yeoh Siew Hoon, Producer, webintravel
* Morris Sim, Co-Founder, Brand Karma
* Carolyn Childs, Director Travel & Leisure, TNS
Event activities will include the announcement of the ANZPHIC 2011 Deal of the Year and the second inductee into the ANZPHIC Hotel Legends Hall of Fame. Delegates will also participate in the ANZPHIC Live Surfing Challenge during the first of two cocktail functions at the conference. With 18 topics in over 20 hours of sessions, ANZPHIC 2011 and Serviced Apartments Summit will provide delegates with essential insight on the outlook for the industry in the region.