Norwegian Dawn is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar refurbishment while the ship is in dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas. The 2,224-passenger ship is receiving extensive renovations including the addition of 28 suites; Moderno Churrascaria, the popular Brazilian steakhouse restaurant introduced on Norwegian Epic; the relocation of the Spinnaker Lounge; and flat screen televisions in all guest and crew staterooms, along with many other exciting updates. The ship will re-enter service on May 27, 2011 in Boston, her new seasonal homeport.
“Norwegian Dawn’s refurbishment is very similar to those enhancements made to Norwegian Star last year,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “We have found Norwegian Star’s updates very well received and we expect our guests will appreciate the changes made to Norwegian Dawn as well.”
Norwegian Dawn’s refurbishment includes:
* 58 new suites and staterooms (available beginning on the September 16, 2011 sailing) including:
* Four Deluxe Owner’s Suites ranging from 667 to 732 square feet;
* 14 Family Suites from 408 to 452 square feet, most sleeping six guests;
* 10 Family Suites with balcony from 409 to 495 square feet, most sleeping six guests;
* 18 Inside staterooms.
* Moderno Churrascaria specialty restaurant (in the space previously occupied by Salsa, the Tex Mex restaurant) which features a large salad bar and tableside passadors serving a variety of skewered meats;
* Upgraded flat screen televisions in all guest and crew staterooms broadcast on a digital signal;
* Relocation and total renovation of the Gift Shop, Art Gallery, Photo Gallery, Conference Center, Spinnaker Lounge and Blue Lagoon Restaurant;
* Enhancements to the Dawn Club Casino including new layout, fixed furniture and carpet;
* Complete renovation of the Kid’s Crew and Teen Club to offer a more versatile layout and cater to the range of children’s ages and interests. Updates include new game systems, activities and sound and light. There will also be a room dedicated for the Under 2 Zoo where parents can accompany their children under two and enjoy age appropriate activities;
* Aesthetic improvements in the Fitness area and Garden Café;
* Atrium Lobby refresh including new furniture in Java Café and plant replacement;
* Complete refurbishment of crew dining and recreation areas.
Technical modifications include the replacement of one engine, as well as preventative maintenance, removal and replacing of both bearings on the port and starboard azipods; application of a new hull coating; and an upgrade to the hot temperature regulation which will reduce energy consumption.