Award-winning French real estate and hotel resort company, Garrigae has extended its collection into Provence, with the addition of L’Abbaye de Sainte Croix, a lovingly restored and refurbished 12th century abbey nestled between the stunning surrounds of Alpilles and Luberon.
L’Abbaye joins Garrigae’s current portfolio of three charming and distinctive properties in the Languedoc, which have become the benchmark for authentic and sophisticated tourism in the South of France including :
· Les Jardins de Saint Benoît, Vineyard resort & Spa, Corbières
· Port Rive Gauche, Luxury retreat, Marseillan, Bassin de Thau
· Le Convent d’Hérépian, Luxury retreat & Spa, Parc Naturel du Haut Languedoc
Set within 20 hectares of pine forest, the 12th century abbey, complete with original chapel, comprises 25 elegantly appointed guestrooms, premium conference facilities, bar and celebrated restaurant which, using only the freshest local ingredients to create the most sumptuous fare, is a destination for gourmands in itself. L’Abbaye’s elegant terrace and large pool are both excellent suntraps to take in the stunning vistas of the plains of the Salon de Provence from the Camaruge to Sainte Victoire.
L’Abbaye has a long-standing history, which Garrigae will retain by keeping alive its unique spirit through :
· Catherine Bossard whose family acquired and renovated the abbey 28 years ago has joined the Garrigae group and will continue in her role of managing the abbey.
· L’Abbaye de Sainte Croix will continue its long affiliation with Relais & Chateaux, which began back in 1977.
· Garrigae’s principle role will be to focus on the design, decoration, landscape and ambiance
· Garrigae will undertake the marketing & business development and enhance two main activities:
o Authentic & sophisticated holidays for both French & International clients.
o Incentive, private and corporate events, photo shoots and prestigious product launches.
Julien Drouot-l’Hermine, Head of Strategy Garrigae “The abbey fits perfectly into Garrigae’s DNA.
The 12th century stone walls and its surrounding landscape make the destination full of charm and authenticity. The perfect place to relax and celebrate the South of France’s ‘Art de vivre.’”