Today, TripAdvisor, the leading travel research site, announced the
addition of an advanced hotel selection tool that enables travelers to
easily view a destination’s most popular hotels by price, neighborhood and
star class. This comes as an addition to the highly regarded TripAdvisor
Popularity Index, which uses more than 1 million reviews to rank over
135,000 hotels worldwide.“Having a great trip means finding the hotel that’s right for you,” said
Christine Petersen, vice president, marketing. “TripAdvisor.com is the
only place on the web that allows a traveler to benefit from the
experience of hundreds of thousands of others to narrow your options to
the most popular hotels in a destination then sort by the criteria that
are right for an individual traveler. No other site can provide this level
of ease and confidence in planning a future trip.”
According to TripAdvisor, travelers consider price, location and quality
to be the most important factors when choosing a hotel. The new advanced
hotel selection tool is seen on TripAdvisor.com’s destination-based hotel
overview pages and includes:
- Price filter - Users can select a price range to find comparably priced hotels. For example: the most popular hotels between
- Neighborhood filter - Users can select neighborhoods from 40 top U.S. and international cities and can find hotels located within those areas. For example: the most popular hotels in the Back Bay area of Boston or Knightsbridge in London.
- Star class filter - Users can select a hotel class and find a complete listing of hotels with that star rating. For example: the most
popular 3-star hotels.
All of these criteria work together to narrow the most popular hotels in a
destination to a manageable, relevant list. In addition, travelers now
have access to more accurate, timely hotel and planning information:
- More up-to-date hotel prices - Hotel prices are updated nightly using a proprietary algorithm and adjusted to reflect periods of tight
availability and seasonal fluctuations.
- Automatic currency conversion - Users can select a preferred currency and see converted hotel prices alongside original hotel prices.
- Hotel mini-snapshots - Each hotel listing is summarized in a brief overview consisting of address, photo, TripAdvisor summary user
review rating, three most recent TripAdvisor user reviews, typical
price, and QuickCheck - TripAdvisor’s proprietary tool that gives
users one-click access to hotel prices and availability from
multiple booking sites.
For an example of how the selection tool works, please visit: