American Airlines today announced it will offer customers additional options when traveling on American, with its “Your Choice”(SM) services. Your Choice provides key services intended to make the customer travel experience even more personalized, convenient, cost-effective and flexible than ever before.
As part of the initial Your Choice offering, American is introducing a “Boarding and Flexibility Package.” More Your Choice services will be offered in the future. Customers can purchase the Boarding and Flexibility Package for travel within the continental United States when they purchase tickets at American’s website, AA.com. Details on the Boarding and Flexibility Package are as follows:
* places you in Group 1 of General Boarding, which allows you to be one of the first groups to board the plane for your flight. (Group 1 boards immediately following PriorityAAccess(SM) customers);
* provides a $75 Flight Change Discount, which means that if you need to change your itinerary, you’ll save $75 off the regular service charge when applicable;
* allows you to standby for an earlier flight on your day of departure at no charge;
* applies to all travelers in your reservation per-person charge;
* offered for an introductory price of as little as $9 each way. Prices vary based by market and routing;
Here are some examples of introductory prices for the Boarding and Flexibility Package on popular American Airlines routes, (based on nonstop routing):
* $9 for Dallas/Fort Worth to Kansas City, Mo.
* $14 for Chicago O’Hare to Boston
* $14 for Dallas/Fort Worth to Orlando, Fla.
* $14 for Miami to Washington, D.C.
* $19 for New York JFK to Los Angeles
In addition to the Boarding and Flexibility Package available to customers when purchasing their tickets at AA.com, later this summer American will offer Group 1 of General Boarding as a stand-alone option for customers, upon arrival at the airport. The introductory price for the Group 1 of General Boarding option is $10 each way, regardless of flight length, markets or routing. Services must be purchased for the entire itinerary. This option will be available for purchase up to one hour prior to scheduled flight departure, via the self-service check-in machines at most U.S. – and many worldwide – airports.
Certain limitations apply for both the Boarding and Flexibility Package and Group 1 of General Boarding. For details, please visit www.aa.com/yourchoice.
As a reminder, American’s premium customers, including AAdvantage® elite status members and oneworld® elite status members, will continue to enjoy PriorityAAccess privileges, including early boarding, expedited check-in and security screening, and the option to standby for an earlier flight on the day of travel at no charge.
“We’re excited to offer customers options to tailor each travel experience to their preferences,” said Dan Garton, American’s Executive Vice President – Marketing. “Our customers appreciate value and convenience. With American’s Your Choice services, we’re able to further enhance the services we deliver to them. And we are hopeful of adding more Your Choice offerings in the future.”