Tall ship cruise specialist Star Clippers has announced new ports, new destinations and new itineraries for 2014 on board the line’s three head-turning sailing ships, Star Clipper, Star Flyer and Royal Clipper, including a maiden season in Cuba, a sailing taking in the Monaco Grand Prix, new sailings from Mallorca and new port calls in Porto, Formentera and Corsica.
In February 2014, Star Flyer will operate a maiden season in Cuba, returning to the island for second season from November 2013.
In May 2014, Grand Prix fans will be able to access the atmosphere of the most prestigious race of the F1 season in Monte Carlo, when guests on Star Flyer will be in pole position in the harbour.
Summer 2014 sees Star Clippers sailing a season from Palma de Mallorca for the first time, while new ports of call for the Mediterranean season include Porto and the Scandolo Nature Reserve in Corsica, and La Sabina in Formentera.
Another brand new itinerary has been introduced for the 2014-15 Caribbean season; Royal Clipper will operate a completely new cruise in March 2015, spending a leisurely two weeks sailing the southern Caribbean and skimming the coast of South America on a one-off voyage to Venezuela and the Dutch Caribbean.
In addition to new destinations and routes, there is more variation in length of cruise than ever before, from a three-night taster from Venice in September to a 21-night transatlantic crossing on Royal Clipper from Barbados to Rome.
Highlights for 2014 include:
· NEW destination – Cuba - on Star Flyer for February 2014
· NEW Caribbean itineraries from Panama to Cuba and Cuba to St Maarten in 2014
· NEW Itinerary taking in the Monaco Grand Prix in May 2014
· NEW departure port for summer 2014 – Palma de Mallorca
· NEW sailing area in Corsica for 2014, visiting the remote Scandola Nature Reserve
· NEW ports of call in Venezuela and the Caribbean in 2015
· Up to 20% early booking discount on certain itineraries
· 5% discount for Star Clippers repeat passengers