Choice Hotels International, presented this year’s best hotels with the Inn of the Year Award, at Choice’s 50th annual convention in San Diego, which was attended by more than 4,000 delegates from around the world.
Choice annually presents the Inn of the Year Award to hotels that demonstrate lodging excellence. The best of each brand is selected by a committee of peer hoteliers who evaluate the hotel on a variety of factors including guest service, hotel cleanliness and hotel décor during several unannounced inspections.
The 2004 Inn of the Year Award was presented to the following hotels:
* Comfort Inn hotel of Geneva, Ill., owned and operated by Geneva Hospitality LLC of Batavia, Illinois
* Comfort Suites hotel of Aurora, Ill., owned and operated by Midwest Management II Inc. of Aurora, Ill.
* Quality Inn & Suites hotel of Madison, Wis., owned and operated by KNK Hatchery Hill Hotel, LLC of Cambridge, Wis.
* Sleep Inn Charleston of North Charleston, S.C., owned and operated by Sand Hills Hotel Associates LLC of Columbia, S.C.
* Clarion Hotel Morgan of Morgantown, W.V., owned and operated by The Hotel Morgan Company LLC of Morgantown, W.V.
* MainStay Suites hotel of Mountville, Pa., owned and operated by Treztark II Ltd. of Lancaster, Pa.
* Econo Lodge hotel of Messena, N.Y., owned and operated by Schmenkel Inc. of Messena, N.Y.
* Rodeway Inn hotel of Scottsdale, Ariz., owned and operated by Lilken Partnership of Duluth Minn.
* Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania of Oslo, Norway, owned and operated by Karl Otto Skogland of Oslo, Norway.
* Quality Hotel Toyokawa of Toyokawa, Japan, owned and operated by Greens Company Ltd. of Yokkaichi-shi, Japan.
“These hotels are the cream-of-the-crop in the Choice system,” said Chuck Ledsinger, president and chief executive officer. “Through their hard work, dedication, training and teamwork they succeeded in their quest for gold.”