IHG Hotels & Resorts debuts its first resort in South East Asia under its upper luxury brand, Regent Hotels & Resorts, with the opening of Regent Phu Quoc. Located off the southwest coast of Vietnam alongside a UNESCO-designated World Biosphere Reserve.
Opening its doors next spring, Regent Phu Quoc will be an ultra-luxury all suites and villas resort set in an unrivalled private beachfront location in Long Beach on Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam.
New for couples or a small group of up to four guests, the offer has been created for those who want to get away from it all and enjoy Regent Spa without sharing the experience with other guests.
InterContinental Hotels Group has unveiled Regent Hotels & Resorts’ new logo and monogram. The logo is designed to epitomise modern luxury with a nod to traditional cues respecting the brand’s heritage and identity, the company said.
InterContinental Hotels Group has announced it has agreed to acquire a 51 per cent stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts for $39 million in cash. IHG will have the right to acquire the remaining 49 per cent interest in a phased manner from 2026.
Regent Porto Montenegro has announced the appointment of Kai Dieckmann as general manager. Dieckmann joins Regent Porto Montenegro from the legendary Sandy Lane Hotel in Barbados, where he was positioned as resident manager.
Regent Hotels & Resorts has signed a partnership agreement with North American real estate development and management company, Cottonwood Management. The agreement will see Regent Hotels & Resorts returning to the North American market after ten years with the launch of two new mixed-use developments in Boston in the Seaport District and New York City on Fifth Avenue.
Regent Hotels & Resorts has announced a new partnership with airberlin providing guests with additional advantages to staying at the deluxe properties including the five-star Regent Berlin and Regent Montenegro, due to open in summer 2014. This partnership marks Regent Hotels & Resort’s eleventh airline collaboration.
Regent Hotels & Resorts continues to set new standards in luxury hospitality with the launch of Regent Bali. Located in Sanur on Bali’s spectacular eastern coastline, Regent Bali is scheduled to open in June 2013. As the only all-suites beachfront resort in Sanur, the property is destined to be the premium choice for travellers seeking exclusive experiences in a tranquil and secluded resort.
Regent Hotels & Resorts, wholly owned by Formosa International Hotels Corporation, has signed a long-term strategic alliance agreement with Rezidor Hotel Group AB, one of the fastest growing hotel groups worldwide. Effective immediately, RHR and Rezidor will jointly develop and operate new Regent hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Regent Hotels & Resorts is pleased to introduce brand-wide complimentary internet access across all five of its managed hotels in Beijing, Taipei, Berlin, Zagreb and Turks & Caicos. Complimentary internet will now be the standard in each of these luxury hotels, and will also be available in Regent’s upcoming openings in Bali, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur, Porto Montenegro, Doha and Abu Dhabi.