Breaking Travel News
Rezidor and Prizeotel plan joint hotel in Erfurt, Germany

Rezidor and Prizeotel plan joint hotel in Erfurt, Germany

The Rezidor Hotel Group and prizeotel have confirmed their second joint hotel project in Erfurt, eastern Germany.

The prizeotel Erfurt-City, featuring 208 rooms, will open its doors in 2019 at a premium location with a direct connection to Erfurt central train station, at the start of the urban development project ‘ICE City’.

prizeotel founder Marco Nussbaum, said: “I am very pleased to bring our second joint project to market, within eight months of the announcement of our partnership with The Rezidor Hotel Group.

“Our cooperation is already bearing fruit and demonstrates the growing appeal of the prizeotel brand for guests as well as for investors.”

prizeotel operates 555 hotel rooms in Bremen, Hamburg and Hanover with ambitions to grow across Switzerland, Germany, Austria and the Benelux countries.

Elie Younes, executive vice president, Rezidor sees enormous growth potential in the economy segment.

“Together with prizeotel, we want to drive qualitative growth in the market, and offer a bold and innovative brand to our guests.

“In terms of values and brand DNA, prizeotel fits very well with Rezidor, giving us the necessary credibility and speed to develop and operate successfully in the economy segment.”

The architecture firm Lorenzen Architekten from Berlin will act as planning architect.

The Rezidor Hotel Group owns 49 per cent of prizeotel, with an option to acquire the remaining 51 per cent in four years’ time.

“The joint project in Erfurt heralds the start of our ambitious expansion strategy in the economy segment across Europe,” added Younes.

All prizeotels are designed by New York-based designer Karim Rashid.

The brand concept embraces urban design, innovative and guest-friendly technology (including free high-speed Internet, mobile check-in), modern design and unconventional service for business and leisure and guests.