ASTA smartphone app delivers membership services on the go
ASTA’s first mobile app launched today, providing ASTA members with access to top-rated member services no matter where they are. As the first travel association membership app, ASTA continues to provide members with the tools they need to stay competitive, such as real-time access to association news, member directories, information on ASTA events and critical industry alerts all from their iPhone, Android or Blackberry smartphone.
Said ASTA CEO Tony Gonchar, “We asked our members what they wanted on their mobile devices and we delivered it. With this app, every member can have access to their most important information, right at their fingertips.”
Members will be able to:
* browse and search the Member Directory, so they can instantly call other members and save their contact information to their device.
* keep up with the latest news from ASTA and the travel industry via RSS feeds for member alerts, Twitter and Facebook posts.
* view upcoming ASTA events and add them to their calendar.
* receive notifications when special member alerts are sent. Notifications can include membership renewal messages or all-member, industry alerts.
* read general information about ASTA and access contact information.
The mission of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) is to facilitate the business of selling travel through effective representation, shared knowledge and the enhancement of professionalism. ASTA seeks a retail travel marketplace that is profitable and growing and a rewarding field in which to work, invest and do business.