Reed Travel Exhibitions, the organisers of World Travel Market, has launched decisionmakers.tv, an online TV channel offering insight from the industry’s most senior and influential professionals.
Decisionmakers.tv, the leading TV channel profiling the movers and shakers in the travel industry, offers a series of exclusive video interviews with the travel and tourism industry’s leaders all year round. The website kicks off this week with an exclusive interview with Voyage Prive Managing Director John Bevan.
In the interview, the former lastminute.com boss labels the bonding system “a mess” stating that the organisation that sells the holiday to the customer should be responsible.
“People in the street do not have a clue (whether their holiday is bonded or not),” he said on decisionmakers.tv. “Whoever sells the holiday should be responsible. If everybody takes responsibility as the principal it would bring the cost down (of bonding).”
To hear more on John Bevan’s thoughts on bonding and his criticism of “lazy” online agencies creating “mass confusion” and “not helping the customer” by “plugging in as many hotels as possible” visit www.decisionmakers.tv.
Each week different senior industry leaders will speak to descisonmakers.tv about the key issues for their organisation and the industry.
This week sees Bevan followed by;
* ABTA Chairman and Advantage Travel Centres CEO John McEwan
* Shearings CEO Dennis Wormwell, and
* Dolphin Dynamics CEO Roberto Da Re
Other senior industry leaders set to appear on decisionmakers.tv over the next few weeks include;
* Expedia UK Managing Director Andy Washington
* Thomas Cook UK Mainstream CEO Ian Ailles
* TUI Specialist and Activity Managing Director John Wimbleton
* Lowcostbeds CEO Paul Evans
* Cunard Line President and Managing Director Peter Shanks
* easyJet Deputy Chairman and former Hilton Group CEO Sir David Michels
* CityJet CEO Christine Ormieres
* Onthebeach CEO Simon Cooper, and
* Diane Bouzebiba Managing Director Amadeus
* Reed Travel Exhibitions Head of Marketing and Communications World Travel Market Micaela Juarez said: “World Travel Market along with the WTM Vision Conferences has always brought senior leaders together within the wider travel and tourism industry, principally through keynotes, panel discussions and networking events.
“Although we document as much content as possible from our physical events, our audiences tell us they want to see more – and on a much higher frequency, not necessarily tied to a specific event.
“We want to meet this demand, and with it, the opportunities for senior executives across the industry to contribute their perspective and insight for the benefit of the marketplace all year round.”