Travelport, a leading travel commerce marketplace providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry, has launched an upgraded version of its popular Travelport Mobile Agent tool introducing a range of new features and functionality for its agency users.
The mobile app which was developed in partnership with TTS, an active member of the Travelport Developer Network, allows travel agents to make bookings for their customers from handheld devices.
It was first launched in 2011 and now has over 41.5k installations globally.
Version 3.0 of Travelport Mobile Agent includes new features which were implemented as a result of user feedback and are all designed to enable agents to provide superior customer service.
TMA 3.0 will be available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play from July 30th.
Continuing to support the critical features of the original TMA, including full integration with Apollo, Galileo and Worldspan platforms and available on iOS and Android devices, the new version enhancements include:
- Improved user-friendly interface and graphics delivering easier navigation and faster information access, improving user productivity.
- Enhanced content with improved data allowing users to access more detailed information about particular responses displayed on the screen.
- Faster travel platform response to command entries.
- Customizable quick keys, PKeys, history and passenger name record (PNR) are stored in the cloud, allowing the information to be synchronized and available on multiple devices.
- Integration with Travelport’s, Travelport ViewTrip itinerary tool, providing instant access to the itinerary.
- Newsfeed with relevant travel articles.
Chris Zando, vice president of partnerships and alliances, Travelport commented: ““We continue to listen and act on the feedback received from our agent network, and redefine the offerings we provide helping them to deliver exceptional service to their customers.
“This further enhances the role Travelport now uniquely plays in the global travel distribution chain.”
Travelport fosters an open platform, and Travelport Universal API offers developer partners new standards in connectivity, integration and design.
This flexible access to unrivalled content and services results in next generation travel tools and mobile apps, created by Travelport and unique developer partners within their network.