Travelport, the business services provider to the global travel industry, operating the Apollo, Galileo and Worldspan global distribution systems (GDS), today announces that the company has launched an enhanced version of Travelport Agencia™ in Canada. An advanced, web-based application, Travelport Agencia is the only travel agency desktop tool that allows agents to shop, book and modify Air Canada’s full content and travel options along with global airline content from the Apollo™ GDS.
The new release offers many new capabilities, including automatic PNR1creation with enhanced finishing in the Apollo system, the ability to do multi-city PNRs, modify bookings and much more.
Exclusive Features and benefits include:
* Shop with confidence: The Agencia application offers full parity with Air Canada’s fares and ancillary services and integration with the Apollo GDS to improve efficiency and workflows;
* Shop one-way, round-trip, open jaw and multi-city itineraries: with available options returned from Air Canada and other airline content from the Apollo GDS. Agents can also cross shop all Air Canada fares, Private fares and Flight Passes;
* Shop, price and book Air Canada’s domestic, transborder and international itineraries and fares: A full range of options are offered, including Tango, Tango Plus, Latitude, Executive Class fares, Corporate fares and Private fares as well as Flight Passes;
* Increase efficiency and service: Bookings completed in Agencia, whether with Air Canada or any other carrier, are automatically added to a PNR in the Apollo GDS. This Apollo PNR can be viewed in Galileo Desktop or with the Travelport Smartpoint App™ point-and-click desktop tool. Now, agents can modify an Agencia booking, add or change Air Canada flights, and enjoy the automatic updating of the changes into the Apollo PNR; and
* Boost productivity, lower costs and minimize errors: There’s no need to move between different systems to secure the best flight options for customers. The application also supports the agency’s Air Canada commission, discount and payment agreements.
According to Derek Sharp, president, The Americas, Travelport, “Travelport’s collaboration with Air Canada and the investment we’ve made in delivering Agencia, a tool that enables Canadian agents to book all Air Canada content in an efficient and streamlined manner, demonstrates our ability to develop next generation distribution and shopping solutions that are capable of merchandizing an airlines’ full line of products and optional services. Integration of Air Canada’s content into a single screen is an industry first and allows Canadian agents to offer the traveller fully informed travel choice.”
Sharp added, “This agreement is completely consistent with the way Travelport is looking to partner with all airlines on merchandising, optional ancillary sales and product differentiation. We have the capability to achieve full content for all subscribers, merchandizing Air Canada’s full line of products and services through APIs and there is no bypass of either the GDS or of our travel agency partners.”
“We are delighted to collaborate with Travelport to bring an enhanced booking tool to our mutual travel agency customers. All of Air Canada’s product features, fares and a-la-carte options are now seamlessly and efficiently accessible through Travelport Agencia,” said Graham Wareham, senior director, Distribution / Consumer Direct, Air Canada. “Travelport remains a preferred distribution system for Air Canada. Our companies will continue to work together to further develop next generation distribution and traveller authenticated shopping solutions for the travel trade and corporate travel buyers. Air Canada is pleased to continue its close and ongoing collaboration with Travelport and to provide Travelport-connected travel agents with the ability to sell all of Air Canada’s product features and fares.”