Train companies have been working hard to ensure that rail travel during the Pope’s state visit to the UK runs smoothly.
Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to travel on all forms of public transport to London, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh, which the Pope will visit this week.
Measures that operators have put in place include:
* A special shuttle for pilgrims between Glasgow Central and Dumbreck
* Extra carriages added to trains travelling to and from London
* Extra staff will be present at stations that are expected to be very busy, to help and advise passengers
* Regular contact with the British Transport Police, Network Rail and Transport for London to ensure that travel information during the visit is widely publicised
* Comprehensive information about rail transport during the visit is available at www.nationalrail.co.uk/papal-visit